Real Hovering Jedi Training Remote: FINISHED!

Thanks for the great compliments guys.

I'm already thinking about modifying the base to look more "Star Wars'y"

I thought maybe I could make it look more like a storage/charging station for when it's not in use for "training."

Any ideas? You can see a pic of the base on page 2 or in any of the videos.

Thanks for the great compliments guys.

I'm already thinking about modifying the base to look more "Star Wars'y"

I thought maybe I could make it look more like a storage/charging station for when it's not in use for "training."

Any ideas? You can see a pic of the base on page 2 or in any of the videos.

I'm seeing white "gears", not unlike the the one shin/knee piece on the Stormtooper armor. Just spit-balling here.

That's an idea. I was thinking something kinda similar like the panels from the Tantive IV or maybe something out of the Millennium Falcon.

Nice Trent! I remember first reading this thread. I've seen several on this subject as a matter of fact. But...

You are the first to get it to work! They said it couldn't be done!

Pat yerself on the back sir! ;)

NOW I need to get a TR. :)

I have to admit, I did not think this would work as I thought it would be too heavy. I'm blown away that you made it work. It's awesome.

Thanks guys.

I'm kinda leaning towards going with a "Millenium Falcon" style design with the base, since that's where it's shown in the film.
I like the rectangular padding on the archways mixed with the dark grey metals so I think I might try to incorporate that. Also, I think it would match well with the design of the remote.
Like this.
Millennium_Falcon_interior.jpg

And here's the base. I think Painting it a darker charcoal or gun metal grey, adding some dirty beige rectangular panels and wrapping the arm in some hose would be cool. Also, there's a green led on the bottom that flashes so I might be able to make a little window with a diffuser as kind of a control panel. Any ideas are much appreciated.

base.jpg

Last edited:
you not only have to worry about he exact weight of the object but the distance from center in order to keep the magnetic fields balanced between the poles.
Great job!

I caught my 4 year old son taking it off of the floating base and when I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I'm going to throw it up in the air so it can fly around and shoot me, and I'm gonna get my yoda lightsaber and block it."

So I had to explain how just because it floats like the movie one, that it doesn't fly around the house, and he was like, "why not?"

So we turned it into a lesson on Magnets. :)

Wow! Incredible! So, is there a stronger base with a correct sized globe to use for a more authentic remote? I have never been interested in a training remote, but that display makes me want one!

that is super awesome! It's cool that you were able to finish it and it looks so awesome hovering like that!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back