Real Hovering Jedi Training Remote: FINISHED!

Thanks for the messages guys. Sorry, no I will not forgo the listing and just sell directly to you on the side. 4pm central today. a little over 8 hours from now.

BUT!!

I do have two bases in-hand at the moment. One is the normal black UFO shaped base and the other is the square / trapezoidal base seen a couple of posts up.
So what I will do is this. Whoever buys the listing gets first pick of the style of base (I'll talk you through the details to help you decide what's best for you), then the other one will be offered up to the first person who PMs me AFTER the first one is sold. Don't message me until after the first one is sold or it doesn't count. If you've messaged me over the past few weeks saying you really want one, that doesn't count either. Only the first person to message after the first one is sold will get the 2nd one. Just know that doing it this way, you will get one sooner, but it may or may not be the exact base style that you prefer. They're both great, I just know some people prefer one over the other for various reasons. So if you're going to PM me prematurely to try to lock in your spot and then back out when you find out it's not the base you wanted, then you're not the person who should be messaging me, and instead should wait another week for a shot at another listing so you can get the base you want. So if you just want one would be happy with either base, then you'll have two chances today.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
After several pages of discussion regarding if and when a remote will be for sale .....maybe it´s time to move that into the junkyard.

agreed. even though i'm not selling it here and it's not an RPF project. It does seem off to be talking about sales here. Just didn't want yet another thread about them.

Re: Real Floating Jedi Training Remote 2.0: 10 YEARS LATER!

Any more colorful pics?! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To any of you guys that bought one....
Have you thought about customizing your base at all? It's a cool design by itself, but what about a cool kit-bashed ANH style modification to the top plate of the base?
If you ever get the itch to do it, I'd love to see what you come up with. The base screws apart very easily with 4 screws hidden below the rubber feet. You could pop the top panel off, customize it and pop it back on very easily without affecting anything.
You'd just need to keep in mind to keep it low profile and don't use anything metallic that could affect the magnetic field.

I'd love to see some ideas.

.. IMG_4422.JPGIMG_4421.JPGIMG_4420.JPGIMG_4418.JPG
Check it out! So happy with how it turned out! Lots of detail and weathering, you can even see the pencil marks. I asked if he could make it as close to the screen used one as possible and he totally delivered on the paint job and weathering! And look ma...no seam! Ha! Looks so great! Thanks so much Trent!
Still trying to get it to float tho...guess the Force isn't with me yet!

Just go really slow and steady. Keep it centered until you can feel the sweet spot. Don’t let it slam down on the base. Keep your fingers under it until it’s fully floating. If it lurches to one side, lean the top slightly in that direction and try again. Only try a few times then unplug it and let it cools down before trying again. Have patience and go slow.

That looks awesome!!! Getting it to float at first is a little tricky, but once you get used to that magnet, it works like a charm!

Beautiful piece!!!

FIRST THINGS FIRST!!!! READ THIS:

This is NOT a kit item that Trent will be offering to people. Sorry... we go back personally and live locally. We're connected through his brother... Trent is NOT going to be offering KITS to ANYONE. This was a special friends thing... sorry if it rubs anyone the wrong way, but thems the brakes.

Here's my showoff, and also a short how to get it floating included

Last edited by a moderator:
FIRST THINGS FIRST!!!! READ THIS:

This is NOT a kit item that Trent will be offering to people. Sorry... we go back personally and live locally. We're connected through his brother... Trent is NOT going to be offering KITS to ANYONE. This was a special friends thing... sorry if it rubs anyone the wrong way, but thems the brakes.

Here's my showoff, and also a short how to get it floating included

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKGTzPPKYw

Love the falcon theme base and the background music haha ! (Jabba's palace isnt it ?) :D

Last edited:

Any advice on where and what battery back up to buy? I would like to grab one for my setup as well

Never can be too safe

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back