Real Hovering Jedi Training Remote: FINISHED!

That is spectacular!! This thread is dangerous for me now.

The crispness & clarity of your 3D printer is amazing!!!

Thanks man. I’m enjoying making every one so far.
5fd83c8af4158e72fe40d220ba965a80.jpg

4aa368c8def96dcf6e6a93ce2fbd7c9b.jpg

I’ll be renewing the Etsy listing for a new one in the next day or so.

Who gets #005??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT:
I'm just going to say this here once so I don't have to respond to the dozens of private messages I've been getting.

If you want one, that is so great! I'd be more than happy to make you one if you're willing to be patient until you snag one. It's as simple as that. If it becomes no longer fun or relaxing for me I'll just stop doing it. This is not my business, this is a fun, relaxing hobby.
If you want one but you DON'T want to wait or pay, then you can figure out how to make one yourself, just like I did. I tried over and over until I learned what worked and what didn't. It cost me well over the price of a finished one and about 10 times the effort, but I figured it out.

what I WON'T do is answer all of the questions over and over about materials, supplies, weight, electronics, magnets, processes, kits, video tutorials, Q&A about what you bought to tell you if I think it will work or not, or (and I can't believe I even have to say this) "tell you step by step exactly how to make them so that you can sell them too."
Most of you have been perfectly respectful and polite and I'm not upset at all, I just don't want to have to keep repeating myself. But a few have messaged me with some rather blatant disregard for what I'm doing with the assumption that I somehow owe them all of my trial and error and research so that they can "start selling these on a large scale ASAP".
Sorry, not gonna happen.

So in short, If you really really want one you have two options
A) be patient with me and buy one when one comes available
or
B ) figure out how to make one yourself, be even more patient with yourself, the trial and error, research, etc. and pay even more than the full price for one in equipment, setup, materials, time, mistakes, busted electronics, etc. just like I did. LOL

So if I don't answer your questions / messages about step by step instructions, exact materials, weight ratios, etc. it's not because I'm a huge jerk (Yes I got called that too because I wouldn't do video tutorials) it's because I've either already answered that question in this thread (it's 10 years old) or because it falls into the category I've just outlined.

Sorry for the somewhat negative nature of this post, I just really wanted to keep this project fun, relaxed, and easy going. Maybe I'm just getting old LOL but the "tell me everything you did and what to buy and how to make for free right now or you're a huge jerk" is just not that fun to deal with on an almost daily basis. Of course I'm exaggerating but you get my point hopefully..

So on a more positive note...

I'm going to post another listing in about 3 hours (4pm Central time)

Last edited:
Re: Real Floating Jedi Training Remote 2.0: 10 YEARS LATER!

Post office sure did take their time, but number 003 is finally here and checking in! This thing is awesome!

Trent, thanks again for the hundredth time for putting this together. Your work, communication, everything...is unreal. I like joining cool project runs as much as the next guy but this one is special.

Good luck to everyone mad dashing for #005. If you happen to get it, you will not be disappointed!

e0ee5520c3221cbf9cba1ed797a537c9.jpg

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT:
I'm just going to say this here once so I don't have to respond to the dozens of private messages I've been getting.

If you want one, that is so great! I'd be more than happy to make you one if you're willing to be patient until you snag one and are willing to pay what makes it worth it for me to make you one. It's as simple as that. If it becomes no longer fun or relaxing for me I'll just stop doing it. This is not my business, this is a fun, relaxing hobby.
If you want one but you DON'T want to wait or pay, then you can figure out how to make one yourself, just like I did. I tried over and over until I learned what worked and what didn't. It cost me well over the price of a finished one and about 10 times the effort, but I figured it out.

what I WON'T do is answer all of the questions over and over about materials, supplies, weight, electronics, magnets, processes, kits, video tutorials, Q&A about what you bought to tell you if I think it will work or not, or (and I can't believe I even have to say this) "tell you step by step exactly how to make them so that you can sell them too."
Most of you have been perfectly respectful and polite and I'm not upset at all, I just don't want to have to keep repeating myself. But a few have messaged me with some rather blatant disregard for what I'm doing with the assumption that I somehow owe them all of my trial and error and research so that they can "start selling these on a large scale ASAP".
Sorry, not gonna happen.

So in short, If you really really want one you have two options
A) be patient with me and buy one
or
B ) figure out how to make one yourself, be even more patient with yourself, the trial and error, research, etc. and pay even more than the full price for one in equipment, setup, materials, time, mistakes, busted electronics, etc. just like I did. LOL

So if I don't answer your questions / messages about step by step instructions, exact materials, weight ratios, etc. it's not because I'm a huge jerk (Yes I got called that too because I wouldn't do video tutorials) it's because I've either already answered that question in this thread (it's 10 years old) or because it falls into the category I've just outlined.

Sorry for the somewhat negative nature of this post, I just really wanted to keep this project fun, relaxed, and easy going. Maybe I'm just getting old LOL but the "tell me everything you did and what to buy and how to make for free right now or you're a huge jerk" is just not that fun to deal with on an almost daily basis. Of course I'm exaggerating but you get my point hopefully..

So on a more positive note...

I'm going to post another listing in about 3 hours (4pm Central time)

I feel this so much

Currently, that is correct. I've had way too many issue shipping to the UK recently and it has ended up costing me a lot of money personally. The only way I'd be willing to do it would be if the person agrees to pay the full shipping, insurance, and signature confirmation, and doesn't ask me to lie on customs forms about the value. :)

Damn keep missing. No problem patiently waiting for my lucky time.
Looks so perfect between two sabers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trent! Awesome progress pictures man! These are so epic!!

I know I didn't give any notice on this one but I have an extra base at the moment and nothing going on this weekend so I thought I might knock another one out if anyone wants it. It's up on my etsy.

This one you'll have an option of bases. I have the normal base and a newer square base. Both will work exactly the same as far as lights go. It'll look something like this. (the lights on the base are BLUE not purple). The difference is this base is a little higher profile and has brighter lights and a separate switch to work the base lights. It also doesn't float quite as high as the normal base BUT the positive trade-off is that it's MUCH easier to balance and float. the normal ones are a bit finicky and take some practice, and run the risk of burning out the power supply if you take too long to balance it.
icm_fullxfull.170614993_gbmkel83sug4s8g4kgg4.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back