STUDIO SCALE CYLON QUESTION ABOUT LIGHTS

jvasilatos

Sr Member
I bought a Cylon Kit and had it built up and painted by a third party, however when I received it the front lights were a yellow color, not amber or red. Are these the colors of the LEDs that come with the kit? I thought the Raider sported red/amber LED lights and since this party acquired the
kit for me, I didn't have the opportunity to see the parts ahead of time.

Has anyone else gotten this kit that can let me know the correct color of the front lights?

JV

Thanks. All my research has incicated they were yellow. I guess that when the miniatures were shot for the show, they looked red due to color timing issues that made the models look bluer and the yellow lights look red.

Learn something new every day!

JV

I don't know much about Galactica models but since the original models were built in the late 70's I bet that they used small rail road bulbs and not LED's. This certainly the case with most Star Wars models built during that period.

So the accurate way would probably be to use bulbs. Then again, I don't know much about these models.
icon_smile.gif

Steve.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back