The Hyena! A new project from TSD

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

Wanted to share some photos of another project that's just been completed.

The creators of the comic "the Were" (http://www.thewerecomic.com) found my site and contacted me about bringing their character to life. They decided they wanted a life-sized bust to bring to shows and really wow the comic and horror fans. They talked about the character as being "evil and vicious", "snarling, drooling and full of rage".

The comic drawings were a bit loose on the character, so based on their input, a more detailed design was settled on and sculpted. They wanted this to be a realistic piece... as if it were a film prop from a movie based on their concept and not just a representation of the comic.

The hair is national fiber tech, with a dense batch of lighter hair as the "mohawk". The eyes are custom glass, done to my design... bright golden yellow with a ring of heavy veins for a practically "on fire" look. The teeth and tongue are a mix of taxidermy and custom made pieces, coated in LOTS of drool and muck!

There's a shot of the sculpt before molding on our Custom Sculpture Busts and Statues page and below I've attached pics of the final bust.

It was a really fun project. While it's all realistically finished, the sculpt has some exaggerated elements that help him stand apart from the other werewolf on TSD and make for a real nice "snapshot" feel. As if he was about to chomp on someone and we froze him in time. :)

Hope you dig the pics!

thanks for looking!
Tom

Hyena3.JPGHyena4.JPGHyena1.JPGHyena5.JPGHyena2.JPG

Last edited:
SWEET! Very nice...glad to see you guys doing wolves and canine type creatures...'cause some one got a movie greenlighted and may need a wolf prop or two:rolleyes

Great work...oh and the T-Rex is on the big screen...we paid to advertise the haunted house in the movie theaters by the haunt...and we used old rexy in our ad.

mike

Thanks guys! Glad you dig it... client loved it as well so I'm a happy man :)

SWEET! cause some one got a movie greenlighted and may need a wolf prop or two:rolleyes

excellent! congrats to someone ;)

Great work...oh and the T-Rex is on the big screen...we paid to advertise the haunted house in the movie theaters by the haunt...and we used old rexy in our ad.

Ha... excellent! For anyone who doesn't know what rex Mike's talkin' about, check out the Theme Props page on http://www.TomSpinaDesigns.com Richie did a killer job on that one :)

Tom

Stunning work as usual Tom...

It's been a pleasure watching your skills take you from hobbyist to true professional, in every sense of the word.

--R

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back