1/350 K'Tinga

Thank you.

I'm starting on the upper section, I made it out of poplar since it's a fine grain, I need to get some renshape for stuff like this.

k_350_043.jpg

k_350_044.jpg

Hey I am understandin' ya for sure. Renshape and sintra are just so expensive tho.(at least from what I have researched on the web) Do you happen to know a supplier for those materials that is not charging an astronomical $$$ for it?

I did some more work on the shuttlebay area. Kudos to Mark Dickson (where is he? :confused) and Charles Adams for the scribe pattern reference.

k_350_050.jpg

Looks great! Is the small protrusion above the shuttlebay doors a control room or something? IIRC I thought I saw that there were windows in that area. Fine work Richard!:thumbsup

Looks great! Is the small protrusion above the shuttlebay doors a control room or something? IIRC I thought I saw that there were windows in that area. Fine work Richard!:thumbsup

There's four, but they don't have raised frames so can be replicated via painting.

I cant help but be amazed at the quality of your work Rich, but I feel its time for another USS Excelsior nudge :lol Joking aside, great work keep it up, its always been my favourite Klingon ship :thumbsup

Thanks.

Charles Adams provided me with detailed scribe and panel placement in vector files. He made these in mere hours for me when I was in a bind on what went where, here's a jpeg of the files he gave me for the top of the ship, and now he's working on a similarly complex pattern for the bottom.

If anyone needs blueprint or pattern work he's the man to go to, he's good no doubt there.

k_350_057.jpg

k_350_058.jpg

k_350_059.jpg

k_350_060.jpg

Last edited:
Hands down my favorite sci-fi ship....hands down the best versin of it Ive seen.....straight up Kudos!

I cant help but be amazed at the quality of your work Rich, but I feel its time for another USS Excelsior nudge :lol Joking aside, great work keep it up, its always been my favourite Klingon ship :thumbsup

Simply awesome! Richard, I know that this bird will be in clear fiber glass as you said. But some of the detail pieces will be in resin. Will the front grill be able to be lit? IIRC in ST: TMP there was a subtle red glow coming from that area. Also the rear of the shuttlebay has some lighting too.

This model is going to be so worth the $$ ! I know we all comment on the models and the work but Richard, I want to say thank you for your contributions to the craft and your willingness to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of us on the boards. It's always exciting to look in on your builds no matter what the subject!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back