Dr Doom Mask - Pics

Originally posted by recoil@Mar 9 2006, 09:11 AM
I would think that if anyone could answer on this issue besides this emerson person would be Davidyr1 since he works with emerson on many of his projects that he has posted in the past. from what David has posted on here and on other boards showing emersons work it only makes since that he would know.
[snapback]1202164[/snapback]​

This is Rimma, Dave's wife. Dave is away so he probably hasnt seen this post yet. Yes, Emerson is a friend of ours and in the past has worked with us but I can assure you that none of us were aware of any of this. Furthermore, Emerson hasnt been here since November of last year so to say Emerson works with us on many projects is unfair. When Dave was in over his head and needed extra hands he'd call Emerson to help. That is the extent of it and we certainly have nothing to do with any of his transactions. We'd like to stay out of this please. Dave will most certainly talk to Emerson about this all when he gets back but we do not want to get dragged into this.
We appreciate your understanding here.

Rimma

ok guys. I'm the one who posted the pictures of the doom mask.
Dave hasn't got anyhitng to do with this as was stated above.

I'm on top of this and i'm sorting it out.

This is between Me, Emerson and decaturvader and no one else.

Leave Dave and anyone else out of this matter as it doesn't concern them.

I just have to ask, based on information I have saved in PM's from you Joe, I am surprised that I am the only one who has come forward thus far. I was told that your PM inbox had to be emptied out due to the overwhelming response of the Doom mask.

There are no others who paid for one of these masks?? The mask has received a lot of attention, not just this one, but from other possible sculptors working on theirs as well....I can't find the one thread I was looking for, but a lot of people were anticipating the Dr Doom to get finished....that's why I jumped for the chance to get this one because it was finally done and posted.

btw, tracking number is still not reflecting as a valid number. has Emerson divuldged any more information regarding this issue? Has he paid you back yet?

There are no others who paid for one of these masks??

Hopefully, most RPF members know not to send money to anyone unless they are an established member, and they have a solid reputation within the community.

As we've seen in the past, even established members flak from time to time, but you better your chances by following the rules and doing your homework.

Lonnie

Originally posted by decaturvader@Mar 9 2006, 07:36 PM
I just have to ask, based on information I have saved in PM's from you Joe, I am surprised that I am the only one who has come forward thus far. I was told that your PM inbox had to be emptied out due to the overwhelming response of the Doom mask.

There are no others who paid for one of these masks?? The mask has received  a lot of attention, not just this one, but from other possible sculptors working on theirs as well....I can't find the one thread I was looking for, but a lot of people were anticipating the Dr Doom to get finished....that's why I jumped for the chance to get this one because it was finally done and posted.

btw, tracking number is still not reflecting as a valid number. has Emerson divuldged any more information regarding this issue? Has he paid you back yet?
[snapback]1202370[/snapback]​

there was alot of interest and Alot of people did PM me and that is the true. Alot of people did just PM, liturally That.

Update.
Joe spoke with Emerson and there was a typo in the tracking number given to me.
The new number does reflect an item in transit due to arrive Tuesday the 14th.

That's correct, David has nothing to do with this. There's no reason to have him involved in something he probably didn't even know about. I think what recoil meant was that since he and Emerson are friends, he might be another point of contact to reach Emerson. I don't think it's necessary since Joe is communicating with Emerson.

decaturvader, I'm glad the tracking number is working. I hope you do receive your mask. Joe just informed me that Emerson will be giving me a call tomorrow to speak about the situation with me and everyone else. Joe had called me before and I can tell you, he feels horrible about all this happening. I will keep everyone updated about this on all 3 boards.

Originally posted by BigBadBat@Mar 9 2006, 11:03 PM
... I can tell you, he feels horrible about all this happening.  .
[snapback]1202547[/snapback]​

I agree. It spoke volumes that Joe stepped up and issued a full refund and then settle up with Emerson. Now that the tracking number has been cleared up...well, I admit I am getting excited again to see this mask first hand and can't wait to post pics.

Emerson called me about 30 minutes ago and we spoke about the situation. He explained he had come upon some hard times last year and is now getting back on his feet. He said that he would ship out some of the orders he has ready to go to the people waiting for them this weekend. The rest of the orders that he can't complete will be refunded. He sounded like he would follow through on this so I will hold off on the complaint I was going to file this afternoon with the authorities. I explained to him that everyone just wants a solution with their orders, either a refund or the items they paid for. I told him no one on any of the boards wants to pursue legal action unless that is the only option available. I ask that everyone give him one more chance and not file a complaint just yet.

He asked me to do him a favor and get everyone's phone number that would like to speak to him directly. He said that he does not have access to the Internet all the time and his email is too full to sort through. He would like to talk to everyone personally about your order and will call me again Monday evening to get the phone numbers. If anyone would like to speak to him, email or PM your name and phone number to me and I'll pass it along on Monday. He also said he has a list of everyone that he owes so it is not necessary to email me your phone number unless you'd like to talk to him directly. I'll post this update on all 3 boards.

Emerson had posted this today on the BOTB. He said he doesn't have an account here so I'm copying and pasting it for everyone to see:

I'm going to have to keep this brief, but I'll say what I can in the time I have.

I haven't had a net connection in quite some time now, so I'm doing my best to get in contact with everyone, and those brothers on the board who are looking for me will be gettting phone calls today.

This obviously all looks quite bad, but I have my reasons for the way things have gone. No excuse, I know, but my side of this issue hasn't been presented here. I hope this doesn't sound callous, but I'm not going to get into everything here. I feel I owe explanations only to those to whom I owe items. I've also been hearing that Joe and Dave are now being dragged into my problems, everyone reading PLEASE leave them out of this. Yes, Joe did stay with me for a while during his visit in Canada but he has nothing to do with my mistakes, he has just been passing on info to me while my computer has been down. I hope that you all will not take out your frustrations with him. I've already heard of a few people pulling out of deals with him - this is only hurting what he is trying to do. I haven't taken any orders from anyone in months and punishing him isn't fair. His only mistake, as with Dave seems to the unfortunate fact that he knows me. Neither of them have anything to do with what I am doing. I hope this is taken into consideration. On a side note, I see that some people are getting upset regarding the Doom masks he was brokering. I want to make it public and clear up any confusion - yes, that is my sculpt. I've been sitting on that mold for months now and I recently turned it over to someone close to me. I haven't seen a dime from any of those items. Please leave them out of this issue.

I know it's fun to jump all over the bad guy here, but I aknowlege my mistakes and have been working to to fix them, as anyone who knows me can attest. I haven't forgotten about anyone, and everybody will be dealt with in a manner that will be acceptable to both parties.

I also know how this feels, I've been scammed big time by a few people on this board who have made no effort to correct the situation, I wont name names, but you know who you are.

As for those who have supported me, thank you very much, but please do not send me any more emails with requests for items. I very rarely have the chance to even check my mail, and I won't be offering any of my items up online anymore, nor have I been in quite some time. In my whole time here I don't think I've sold more than 6 or 7 pieces total.

Things have changed quite a bit since I first started making custom items for people on the net. I've never really been known for fast delivery, and I know that the situation now is fairly ridiculous, but I hope you will understand that sometimes there are things that are out of a persons control. I've never been a big mask making factory, I'm just a guy who makes things out of his home, on spare time. I'm not a power seller, and I can't even profess to have made any profit on this stuff.

Anyway, this has already run on longer than I expected it to, I just wanted to clear a few things up publicly. Those concerned will be hearing from me today. I also wanted to reiterate again, please leave Dave and Joe out of this...There's no need to drag them into my mistakes as they've had nothing to do with it. I've also been told that now rumors are going around that I am Joe?? This is completely ridiculous and untrue, there are several board members who know us both personally. We don't even live on the same continent. This is enough of an issue for those involved without it becoming a sewing circle for insane gossip. I know its fun to sling mud, but for those who aren't involved, please don't make things worse. Spinning these kind of rumors is only making everyone panic, and hurting Joe, who hasn't done anything wrong.

I will try and check up on this thread tomorrow, but I'm not certain I will be available. I also do not have an account on the RPF, and I know there are some vicious threads going on there, so hopefully the people on that board will get a chance to see this.
Thanks

E.D.

Mask arrived.
Hmmm..I'll just see what ya'll think of it :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

hmm...so the halves dont come apart? Some details need a bit cleaning up, and it needs some weathering, but otherwise pretty nice :)

Originally posted by Kylash327@Mar 15 2006, 12:07 AM
hmm...so the halves dont come apart? Some details need a bit cleaning up, and it needs some weathering, but otherwise pretty nice :)
[snapback]1205872[/snapback]​

You got it- all one piece. It's kinda odd actually; the mask can only go on one-way for me and it is a tight fit in doing so. But once it gets past the hump, it fits well. I am gonna put a small amount of padding in the top and rear of the mask to get it sitting right and i'd like to line the mask with something dark and soft..
I am going to cut all the mouth garb out and clean up those edges for sure. I'll thin out the mouth garb a bit to make it look more like the screen used mask.

In the really really fine areas around the eyes and the thin valley lines, i'm really not sure how to fix that. Out of pure OCD, I'd love the lines to be perfect and clean...no left over resin clumps..but dang, I can't think of any Dremil-style bit I'd use. I pondered the notion of some sort of small file, but I admit, i have no resin cleaning experience. I'd hate to start cleaning those lines out and round off edge and stuff.

It's probably me, but I swear that mesh looks like some sort of drywall netting for patching holes...never thought to use that stuff before. :D

Wow.. kinda sux to see how often people get ripped off in ventures like this.

This mask looks awesome... I hope everyone gets everything worked out.

well i can just see alot of small little things it doesnt have, from sculpting my own, its trivial little things, but details nonetheless.

any suggestions regarding tools to use to cleanout those small little valleys without rounding off the edges? Or would it be best to leave well enough alone?

The mouth area I can tackle...the other things I don't like....well....I'm not so sure I can fix em :D

I'm glad you received the mask. :) The rest of us at the BOTB and F13 are still trying to work out our orders with Emerson.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back