calling all watchophiles lend me your brains

BR12819

Sr Member
Ok,

so heres the deal. I'm trying to put together a costume this year I want to go as Lt. Frank Bullitt, played by the venerable Steve McQueen. what i need help with, is as the title says his watch. it appears to be a round blue faced leather strapped piece. the only problem is i dont know who made it, everything else should be pie. so fire up your dvd players go to chapter 3, during the hotel scene bullitt gets a phone call and is the best chance to see the watch.

i'm kind of a stickler for details, and it doesnt help being a watch lover, so do what you can. i appreciate any help in this.

This one?

bullitt.jpg

bullittwatch2yv3.jpg

Well maybe the "square face" was just an optical illusion... hi-res scans of these publicity pix would settle the issue! :lol

bullittwatch3ah2.jpg

- k

i took another look at the film today and from what i could see it looks to have lines rather than numbers on the face

McQueen wore a Heuer Monaco chronograph in the 1971 film "LeMans". I'd suggest looking at that watch. If it looks the same as the one that he wore in Bullitt, you know which watch it is. :)

Great suggestion. There are times where actors will bring a personal effect to costuming for a role. A watch is about as personal an item as a guy can have so it may be his watch he wore in both roles.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back