JAWS the shark named Bruce.

You guys make a good point, I've never heard of Greg but he sounds like the guy to bring Bruce back to his former glory. I hope that's just paint peeling off the junkyard cast?

You've never heard of Greg?? I guarantee you've seen his work. He created creature and makeup effects for movies such as:

(I was going to compile a list, but it's just too long. Instead, click the link)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0630524/

Lol zorg...

Yeah, Greg has also created a lifesize Bruce head, displayed at the last Jawsfest:

Greg_Nicotero.jpg

Sing it with me.

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out consume
Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya
'bout the raisin' of the wrist.
Socrates himself was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
after half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.
Plato, they say, could stick it away,
'alf a crate of whiskey every day!
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,
and Hobbes was fond of his Dram.
And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart:
"I drink, therefore I am."

Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce;
Michael Baldwin, Bruce;
Michael Baldwin, Bruce;

Is'nt your your name Bruce?

No, its Michael.

Well thats going to cause a lot of confusion around here, mind if we call you Bruce to keep it simple?

This may have been shared before, but there are some good older photos of the so-called "junkyard" Bruce here, before it was replaced:
http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/studiotour/jaws_bruce.shtml

So that was the shark on the lot? Then there are pics somewhere or me as a wee lad back around '85 next to and in the mouth of that bad boy. I remember being scared out of my mind climbing inside so my grandfather could take a pic of just my legs showing. Yeah, I was a scaredy cat.

Was looking around on pictures of the late Director Ingmar Bergmans Auction goods and found this one. Thought some of you would like it :) :

Ingmar Bergman and the shark from “Jaws”, Hollywood 1975
H0220272.jpg

when the hell did we get a "screen used props" forum?

anyways,

Hard to believe its been 6 years but here is the JY Bruce from 2004, and other oddities at the JY. Its at 11409 Penrose Sun Valley CA and all pictures were taken without entering the JY.
wlyykm.jpg

4gmb8o.jpg

5aqp91.jpg

28jfwv5.jpg

and pictures of the JY driveway at the time:

ab3scx.jpg

16099hy.jpg

33p7znp.jpg

I dunno what the hell it is but its interesting how these things end up raised above ground level in an earth quake prone section of the world.

Im also not sure what image in the previous posts were as far as the junkyard but you can still see the shark in google images as of today...

between the palm trees, awesome how that shopping cart is parked proper.
1zz0pxe.jpg

and can even see it from the sat photo, the gray spot between the green smudges...
2hfqgdf.jpg

I need to dig out the pics I took in Florida at the Orlando Universal studios theme park years ago with my brother and his wife and daughter. I have pics of her standing inside the hanging shark replica and then shots of it by itself, and also pics of another supposed "Jaws" shark from one of the movies that was sitting back with other old props. I'll dig around at home and see if I can find those and scan them all to post on here.

I need to dig out the pics I took in Florida at the Orlando Universal studios theme park years ago with my brother and his wife and daughter. I have pics of her standing inside the hanging shark replica and then shots of it by itself, and also pics of another supposed "Jaws" shark from one of the movies that was sitting back with other old props. I'll dig around at home and see if I can find those and scan them all to post on here.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure it was from II or even III. When I saw it, the shark was beat up, old, and toothless. You know - like my mother-in-law...

This is the LAST remaining copy made from the molds of the original shark. It's not screen used, but as it's the last surviving copy from the original molds, it's the closest thing left to the original screen used sharks.

He used to hang at the Visitor's area at Universal Studios in Hollywood. They replaced him with a mako looking shark. He now sits in the junkyard about 5 miles north of Universal Studios.

I have it from reliable sources that the owner will not sell and he's not budging. Greg Nicotero offered him big $$ for it also and he declined.

People pay money to go into the yard to see the shark, it's also been filmed for various TV shows...so the owner knows what he's got there.

Raise your hand if you're one of the millions of kids over the years who had his photo taken with this Bruce hanging at Universal Studios.

<raises hand>

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back