Pics of my prop room

blufive

Sr Member
I was inspired by MoffEaton's photo of his room. Unfortunately, mine didn't come out nearly as clean as his did.

Anyways, here is a panoramic photo of my new office:

http://www.jedi-academy.com/my_props/office.jpg

You'll probably have to magnify the photo to see what's what on the shelves. Since it is such a far away shot, I thought I would list what's in the cabinets:

From right to left:

Star Trek TOS phaser, tricorder, communicator, Cage communicator & Spock remote.
Screen used stunt Serenity Bouncing Betty, QMx money & map of the 'Verse with a Sidkit Mal pistol.
Trek II phaser & communicator, Trek III tricorder & tricorder, TNG crickets, 1 hero and 1 static.
Screen used Chronicles of Riddick stunt blaster, Galaxy Quest Deluxe VOX.

T2 Terminator head on the desk.

Next cabinet:

Daredevil billy club
Adam West Batman cowl
Magnesium & green glass Smallville keys w/1940s Captain America shield
Episode IV Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Vader lightsabers

Bookshelf:

Adam West Batman Shakespeare bust (this activates the lights on the Enterprise)
MR Enterprise
Hellboy Right Hand of Doom

Next cabinet:

Indiana Jones Fertility Idol, Staff of Ra headpiece, Temple of Doom diamond, National Treasure medallion
SD Studios Holy Hand grenade of Antioch
Minority Report John Anderton ball
LOTR Elven brooch w/Bobadebt One Ring
Blade Runner ID and blaster
Little Shop of Horrors Audrey

Wall:

Factory X Captain America's shield

That's all I have displayed at the moment.

We recently moved into this house so I haven't had time (or money) to finish the room. It actually was orange when we bought the house. Even though orange is my favorite color, I still want to paint the room something neutral, like tan.

Thanks guys!

The 360 picture was difficult. That's why some of the photos don't line up well.

I had my camera on a tripod and I would take a photo, swivel the tripod and take another. Then, I put them together in Photoshop.

:D

The Idol was the chrome plated one AIM offered a few years back.

:)

Hey that's really neat! Very clean design, and a really fun variety!

First a question: How do you take these panoramic photos?

Next a suggestion: I use regular old Scotch tape, and tape the cord to the light to the back corner of my Detolf cabinets. The plastic strip that holds the glass panels together actually optically hides the cord, making it invisible when viewed at most angles. It really improves the look of the glass cabinet.

Thanks, folks!

:D

I like the Scotch tape idea for the Detlof cords. I'll have to give that a try.

Taking the picture was easy. I wish it was easier to correct how the images line up...

I put my camera on a tripod in the center of the room and started taking pictures. I would take one, rotate the camera on the tripod and take another. I put the photos together in Photoshop.

That looks great. I'm going to have to get one of the Shakespeare busts sometime. So many fond memories of my childhood!

Have you tried "photomerge" in Photoshop? It's on the file menu under "automate". Might be worth a try to blend the edges of the pictures.

I use Panorama Maker from ArcSoft for my needs. A combination of versions 3 (manual set-up) and version 4 (fully automated) cover most eventualities.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definately try that Photoshop trick.

The Shakespeare bust is wicked cool! It powers my MR Enterprise.

:)

Would you mind sharing which version of the Batman cowl that is? That was my favorite show as a kid (well....that and Ultraman....and Star Trek)

Here is a close up of the cowl:

batman_cowl.jpg

WW had my cowl made but he stopped making himself a while back. I don't know where to get one like this anymore.

not to hijack the thread... but since a lot of people have been asking, one trick i figured out how to do, in taking panoramic pictures, after watching some tv special, i saw they had a special rig, that allowed them to make the 360 degree view pictures with just one shot, i rigged up something that looked similar, and actually works...... take a large silver christmas ball.... the chromed ones.... and hang it in the air, position your camera, mounted on the tripod, directly underneath it... and take a picture of the bottom of the chistmas ball.....

then take that picture, open it up in photoshop, crop it so its just the ball, nothing else. and then run the filter >distort > polar coordinates, polar to rectangular. you then have a seamless 360 degree picture, which is smashed together , you can then resize it so its actually proportionate..... might seem like a lot more work, but i thought it was a blast to do... and i had a lot of fun with it

anyways.... heres a few shots... . the first one was the raw shot, before i did anything to it in photoshop... and the second pic is the result... barring any other tweaking to make it more clear

i should also note, this was done with a cheapo plastic christmas ball from kmart, if you had a glass ball, or even one of those glass chrome things people have in their gardens, the results would most likely be a lot better

That's an interesting way to tackle that photography problem. Thanks!

I did make a Bouncing Betty mold a few months back. The piece is rubber and thin around the wings so I had a hard time making it lay right in the clay. I may remake the mold at some point. It's a neat piece!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back