Jack Sparrow stolen ring thoughts?...

HellGhost

I have compiled two sets of images. First the ring Johnny wears....
1287715773_9740198b41_o.jpg

Next screen grabs and such of the ring in the movie...
1288570662_a1db5bd19b_o.jpg

I don't think these are the same ring at all. Jonnys ring is much more shinny and the stone is longer (or not as wide). And the screen used ring seems a bit thicker through out..
Could this just be the difference between the " screen used prop ring" and the actual ring? So the question is which ring do you like better??

Well you know me, I'm all for as screen accurate as possible. Very curious though where the pic in the bottom right corner of your screen grab set came from. It honestly doesn't look like any of the other pics. It seem less elongated and thicker than the ring in the other pics. Or it is just distorted some way?

Good question..

Its a screen grab from the extra's on the DMC dvd. Have a look at see what you think. But I did a straight grab...

Well you know me, I'm all for as screen accurate as possible. Very curious though where the pic in the bottom right corner of your screen grab set came from. It honestly doesn't look like any of the other pics. It seem less elongated and thicker than the ring in the other pics. Or it is just distorted some way?

Perhaps its a bit of deformation from repeated castings?
If it's resin (which the movie one looks to be) then I'd imagine they had to make quite a few to replace the ones that broke from abuse.
I think the shiney color and the more transparent stone kind of alter the appearance of the original too.

Curious though... I was under the impression that the original was a 2000 year old Greco Roman ring or something of the like. The one he's wearing looks really really shiney and new for a 2000 year old ring. :confused
And, I'm going to just assume that the pictures were taken before the ring was stolen and that its the original and not a repro he had made.

The one Johnny is wearing was one he had made after filming, or given to him, either one. As the original was indeed stolen during filming. Hence the name 'stolen' ring. (Not for the Tia fans aye)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back