Inara Props Firefly/Serenity

You'll want to search for a not pad holder, it's hard to see in the pics posted, but there is a small slit in the back where the cardboard back of a note pad would slide in.

The correct model of card reader but only of use to us in the UK:
http://www.directfoto.co.uk/shop/product/Integral-PCMCIA-Compact-Flash-Adapter.aspx

340202.jpg

Before buying one of those from anyone you should make sure the photo is reflective of the actual product. I know when I was trying to find one MANY places used photos of the old style ones (like we want) but they actually were selling new styled ones.

Yep, I've been doing just that, just waiting for their reply ;)
Before buying one of those from anyone you should make sure the photo is reflective of the actual product. I know when I was trying to find one MANY places used photos of the old style ones (like we want) but they actually were selling new styled ones.

Last edited:
They confirmed that the one being sold was the exact same as the one pictured. I'll wait and see then when it arrives!

Still searching for the notepad holder.... no luck...

If by folder you mean the note pad holder, it's probably meant to hold a 4" wide (or so) note pad. The disc in the opposite side is a mini-disc and the pencil to give some reference to scale.

Yeah, it looks like what I would call a folder :lol

Is that Brit-speak? Hey it's a torch, not a flaslhight!!

Ahem....

I've seen this piece in the flesh, so to speak, but I don't recall the size. What makes you so sure it's a notepad holder?

Just doing rough scaling from the pencil I think the folder should be approx. 6" wide.

Last edited:
I forget where I came up with the notion that it was a notepad holder originally, but I have seen notepad holders that have similar features...pen pocket, side or angled pouch (where th mini-discs are), and a pouch to hold a notepad.

Here's an idea of scale.
companion-book.jpg

So, this thread is really old, and I haven't been able to find any newer threads, here or on any of the other forums i'm on. Did anyone ever figure out what the leather folder is? (or was a run of replica ones ever doen?)

Does anyone have any current leads on the PCMCIA CF. The link above has dried up, and I would like to find one for myself. (If no leads, can someone tell me what brand, make, model. etc I should be looking for?)

I spent months looking for that binder/folder/notepad holder etc.

So, this thread is really old, and I haven't been able to find any newer threads, here or on any of the other forums i'm on. Did anyone ever figure out what the leather folder is? (or was a run of replica ones ever doen?)

Does anyone have any current leads on the PCMCIA CF. The link above has dried up, and I would like to find one for myself. (If no leads, can someone tell me what brand, make, model. etc I should be looking for?)

I seem to recall it was said that there were no markings on the binder/folder. It has a new owner now, maybe they will shed some light on it?

Last edited:
Has anyone finished one of the Companion Papers leather folders. I'm still trying to track down the stuff that goes on the front of the folder. I know a lot of it is covered here, but most of the links no longer lead to the right chip holder thingy, and i have been unable to track one down.

Also, I could have sworn someone posted, somewhere, a "paper prop" of Mal's "Capter" (vidio player thingy) of Inara from Serenity. It was just a still image, with a border with something off to one side. Does anyone know where I can find that, or does someone have the file.

I wish someone could identify/find that leather folder thingie. :cry

There's a PCMCIA card holder on the front and an SD card as far as I remember. And a decal stuck on it. Inside there are two mini CDs and an orange lead pencil plus her certificate. And I think pieces of wood.

Last edited:
With a sudden spur of motivation I have started to make my own folder. Ordering up the mini CDs and leatherette vinyl now... :behave

In case anyone wondered, the wood panels are birch plywood which is available in thicknesses of 0.4mm and upwards. I went for 0.8mm.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back