Inara Props Firefly/Serenity

Thanks for this thread Mike. It reminded me I need to order my chromed Ruger from HK now before the UK ban kicks in!

And the thing on the front? Looks like something from a laptop.

the thing on the front is a smart media card:
http://www.photographyreview.com/memoryguidecrx.aspx#sm

smartmedia.jpg

The Inara bow is amazing!
It's a monster, too.
Bigger than Vera.

Are you planning to display it?
Excellent and one-of-a-kind.

Mike

thanks!

i eventually want to clear off a wall in my prop room for all of my firefly weapons. i still have some stuff to do on the bow before i call it done... maybe 5-6 hours more work.

and the copper capacitor looking things on mine are a wee bit too long, so i may trim them down. not sure if its worth the fuss though for something so minor.

actually... it looks like some sort of PCMCIA adapter...

Sandisk_compactflash_PCMCIA_adapter.gif

that one's not right, but the size looks good, and the edges look like a match... all pcmcia adapters would be the same size, but the slot would be different.

i'd guess it's a smart media adapter since that's what is sitting on it, but you never know...

A PCMCIA adapter for compact flash cards looks about right

144220.jpg
pcmcia-artikel.jpg

PCMCIA_Inara_Companion_papers.png

Great Idea tk7602! :)

Last edited:
Anyone ever made up the 'Companion Privileges & Principals' page?

The correct PCMCIA adapters seem to be very rare. I could only find one in the same style but it had black plastic prongs instead of gray.

The Companion Privileges & Principals' page you did looks really good!

Thanks Silverkeys402!

Here is something else that could be useful when making the companion papers:

Inara_Companion_Papers_SMC_Label.png

The label should be 30x23mm. Just cut off the corners and a little bit off the bottom edge and glue it to your smart media card.

-Frank

To all you guys posting other Inara Prop info in my collection thread...
...YOU ROCK!!

I'm warning you tho' I fully intend to use all this beautiful work to expand on my own Inara collection!
The leather Companion book from "The Train Job" is high on my list of Inara props.

I have an old leather bound bible that is falling apart,
(buried in a box somewhere),
that I was hoping to use for the "binding".

I just never cease to be impressed by the energy and creativity on these boards.

Mike

the papers are great and screen accurate,but are there any legal minds here who could write something accurate to a companion for the papers. Great work. Has anyone ID'd the leather folder used as seen in the firefly companion? It looks like a found item to me.

I've been trying to find a leather note pad holder for over a year since we identified the other parts of this. I've had the PCMCIA CF card reader and SM card, as well as a mini DVD to put inside forever...and I guess I have the paper ready since it's the same document as the ships papers. If anyone finds the leather note pad holder I'd be very happy.

Oh, also, the paper should have a green boarder like the original document. A quick fix on the blue one that was posted though. :)

Fantastic work! Another few parts to score off the list.

I've been looking for a matching folder for a few days but absolutely nothing close yet. Been googling under filofax, personal organizers, conference folders, leather folders etc.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back