13 Ghosts Juggernaut - original costume display & sculpture project

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

Just finished this up for a very happy Wes over at www.wickedprops.com

This is the second 13 Ghosts costume I've done up for him like this... taking a foam muscle suit and costume and creating a more complete character display.

In this case, a mannequin was customized for height and shape to support the muscle suit. Hands were added, blended on and color matched. The head was custom sculpted and finished by me (a head that features super-bloody custom glass eyes no less!).

As usual, the big challenge was matching the coloring of the costume in its current state. In the film, the skin coloring looked very blue/gray, but in person, it's almost a greenish beigey tone... difficult, but after some work the new head and hands match up to the original muscle suit quite well.

Wes decided he wanted the hands seemed on, though we kept the head removable for shipping and such. The result is a small visible seam which I've partially disguised with bullet hits. We also added back on the blood (though this time with paint rather than stage blood) as that was really key to the character's look.

The overall result is 6 foot 8 inches tall and damn imposing... A really cool way to display an original costume. The goal was to make it something far more impressive than it could be on a plain mannequin or hangar and I'm very proud of the result :)

Most importantly, Wes is happy and this guy's gonna look great side by side with the Hammer display we did several months back (pics on my site).

visit http:www.TomSpinaDesigns.com for more info about this and our other Sculpture-Bust-Statue and Custom Mannequin Movie Prop Display projects!

Tom

jugdisplayweb.jpgJugb4afterweb.jpgJuggernautHeadweb.jpg

Last edited:
Always a treat Tom when I click on a restoration thread to see you work your Magic!!!:thumbsup

Dumbstruck :eek

I so wish i had a talent like that i bet you could do better work blindfolded underwater than i could ever hope to be able to do i have the artistic ability of a half eaten hotdog.

That looks fantastic! Thirteen Ghosts is one of my guilty pleasure movies.

When you get to The Angry Princess, I want one, too. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Glad folks are enjoying the display :)

Alot of time spent there to be sure, very nice work Tom:love Do you prefer oven baked or room temp. cured latex?

Any latex is good latex in my book! :) This muscle suit is foam latex (oven cured) whereas the add on parts were made of the more durable slip latex (basic mask latex).

When you get to The Angry Princess, I want one, too. :)

LOL - get in line!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back