1/1 ALIENS BUST

personally i think it would not be a wise move to have a "mate" ship this over from the states to the u.k.

the cost of import tax would be much lower than the cost of shipping this thing, i know i've had large items sent over and its no fun, plus if the customs office want to they can charge import tax on it anyway, even if you had it marked down at a low value, its entirely their call.

so if you have it shipped by sideshow, its insured and (trackable?) you pay the vat and display in your home with little risk ;)

or get it shipped to your mate, hopefully it doesnt get lost or damaged. he sends out after getting an enormous shipping cost (uninsured) arrives at uk customs , they hit you with another big bill and you are not a happy bunny

z

I too, pre-ordered this awesome piece several days ago.... :D I figured it was a gamble as to whether this one will show up on ebay for less. Any ideas on the edition size? I think the shipping was what kept alot of non-US buyers away from the Queen, thus making a surplus on ebay. However if this is truely offered for free shipping worldwide, do you think they will be as readily available this time? Curious on your thoughts. I can't imagine it having a larger run than the Queen(1500), and I assume it will be alot less. You think we are looking at a possible sellout?

Brian

I hope you ordered two. ;) It won't matter if they sell out and skyrocket in price to me because I'd probably never turn it loose. Hehe.

Nope, just ordered 1 for me. I was not implying having one to sell, just if they will be available at a discount on ebay. Normally you can always get these things for less from dealers on ebay, but I was afraid that without a SS pre-order on this one, they might not be on ebay in any quatity, and then I would not get one at all. Like the pred maquette from SS. People did not move quickly for the masked version, and suddenly it was sold out. I don't expect many (if any of the exclusive) to be at ebay, and if they are, the price will be insane. So, by waiting for a deal, they missed the boat. That's my point. You never know if they will be all gone, and then you'll spend ALOT more to get one of the few that people decide to sell.

Brian

Agreed. I kept waiting for that queen to go below 700 and it did maybe once or twice on ebay. :)

Well, I think the same... maybe... in a near future this bust could be in ebay for a little less.... but maybe NOT ... ...

I really think it´s an amazing pieces, and I dont want to miss it, that is why I prefer to get it now.

I made my preorder (thanks to the Flex-pay, god bless you .. Learn of this MR ...), and now I can sleep in calm. Even more with Free shippings... that make me a really happy guy...

I wish the Maul bust had the Free shippings as well... :( I also have the preorder done, and will have to pay the shipping to Spain... it will be a nice hit to my pocket... :(

I hope the ones from China come close to this paint job.
IMG_3833.JPG

When i receive mine, if i'm not happy with something, like a poor paint job or if it has some damage its going to be sent back for a replacement.

The quality of my first sideshow endoskeleton was a joke, but the replacement one was fine.

When you're spending over $1000 on a bust it has to be perfect.

Keith.

When i told sideshow about the problem i had with the endoskeleton, they said that if i bought it from sideshow and not a dealer on ebay, they would have paid for the shipping back to them.

Keith.

In that case, perfec, cause I will get it from them.... But I really hope I wont ever have to return anything :D. That would mean that everything is ok... like it must be :D.

Well done mate ... Another one :D... Yes, the free shipping is a great way to call attention of the people who doesnt live in the USA...

I really hope they will always do this way- Shame they didnt the same on Maul bust :( .

I hope this bust doesnt arrive soon, as I have no fisically room for it at this moment (maybe NEVER?¿?¿)

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Feb 6 2006, 02:49 AM
Absolutely YES.

Now where's my credit card?

Jez
[snapback]1177162[/snapback]​
As long as you've got your credit card out...my birthday is next week :D

After seing the 3d rotation, I´m more than happy I preordered it ...

Thanks god the Flex pay and the free shipping ..

Amazing mates, and thanks for the link ...

I just ordered mine.I love it.As I live in Australia shipping has always killed me and stopped me from ordering many items so a big sell for me was
FREE SHIPPING :D .Wooohooo.Thank you so much Sideshow.I just wish Master Replicas would also do this too. :(

Ben

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back