1/1 ALIENS BUST

I'm going to get one of these.

Anyone who wants my aliens head can make me an offer :)

1_2.jpg

2_2.jpg

3_1.jpg

4_1.jpg

5.jpg

Keith.

Thank God for for Flex Pay :D I'm in, even though I have no place to put it...... Now it says that it qualifies for free shipping, does that mean there is no shipping fee's in the US??

I would really like to know the FEE SHIPPINGS issue...

I was making the "checkout" and I read this:

THIS ITEM SHIPS FREE WORLDWIDE...

I have not completed it yet, because I have sent them an email asking that... I´m from Spain, and well, I would like to know if that is TRUE free shipping worldwide, or if I will have to pay the shipping when they start sending it...

Let´s see if they answer soon...

P.S. if any of you knows it for sure, please let me know ...

Ben.

I have recieved a note back from Sideshow about the shipping issue:

As you may have noticed, this item is now Free Shipping, and you will only be
responsible for the cost of the item and customs fees. Thank you for contacting
us.

So it´s confirmed, FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE ...

I have just placed my preorder :D, I think it will be so damned sweet.

P.S. What I still waiting for answer is about the TAX issue... Where I live, the VAT taxes are 5%... but they say European has to pay 17.5%... ???

My question is, who will charge the custom taxes.... the own Sideshow ??? (so I will have to pay it to they), or the local Custom Office with our own taxes ??? (this is the locgical)... Anyone have bought to Sideshow before from the EU ???

Thanks.

Benkenove,

I've looked into this and it looks like the larger scale products like the Alien Warrior will NOT be shipped from within the EU. And they will.

Therefore they'll be shipped from the US so it will be the responsibility of the carrier (Fedex, UPS) to charge the VAT, and Customs charges dependant on the rates in the particular EU state.

ie If you live in the UK and want to buy the Aliens statue the price will be

$999 + the relevant duty (guess at 5%) = $1050
Plus the shippers "handling" fee (around $30) = $1080
The VAT added to the whole thing
Gives a total of $1,270 or £750 (i.e. about $275/£160 more than the US price)

The other option would be to ship it to a mate in the US who could then on-ship to the EU privately uninsured, although the downside of this is the cost of shipping to the EU (likely to be high as its heavy), along with the risk of damaging an uninsured item.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jez

But, let me ask you... what is that VAT ??? is the local custom fees ???

As far as I know, when I bought anything from any company, I pay for the item, and shipping, they send it... and then arrives to my country, then stop at custom office, and they charge me the CUSTOM TAX I must to pay... In my case is just the 5% for living in the Canary Islands...

Why should I have to pay 5% + 17.5% ??? This is the first time I hear about this, and I think that would be more tha ilegal... I have to pay the exact custom tax applicable in my Country (in my case, in my islands)... isnt it ???

I dont understand this too much mates.

Originally posted by Benkenove@Feb 14 2006, 11:07 PM
But, let me ask you... what is that VAT ??? is the local custom fees ???

More than you ever wanted to know about Value Added Tax:

Wikipedia: Value Added Tax (VAT)

You may find the following example (from the above article) helpful in its illustration of how VAT changes the ultimate cost to the consumer:

From Wikipedia

Without any sales tax
A widget manufacturer spends $1 on raw materials to make a widget.
The widget is sold wholesale to a widget retailer for $1.20, making a profit of $0.20.
The widget retailer then sells the widget to a widget consumer for $1.50, making a profit of $0.30.

With a VAT
Adding on a 10% VAT:
The manufacturer pays $1.10 for the raw materials, and the seller of the raw materials pays the government $0.10.
The manufacturer charges the retailer $1.32 and pays the government $0.02 ($0.12 minus $0.10), leaving the same profit of $0.20.
The retailer charges the consumer $1.65 and pays the government $0.03 ($0.15 minus $0.12), leaving the same profit of $0.30.
So the consumer has paid 10% ($0.15) extra. The businesses have not lost anything directly to the tax, but they do have the extra paperwork to do so that they correctly pass on to the government the difference between what they collect in VAT (output VAT, an 11th of their income) and what they spend in VAT (input VAT, an 11th of their expenditure).

Last edited by a moderator:
They were even nice enough to send me an email stating that at the time I preordered mine, shipping was not free and now it is. Wh00t.

Benkenove,
I'm spanish too. You really should thank to live in the Canary Islands. Only 5% of taxes luckly you. I live in madrid and depending on the product I buy I "may" have to pay a import tax and then the VAT (or IVA). As you live in the Canary I. you will not have to pay IVA right? Then I suggest you get this item straight from SS, though some dealers are offering it with 20% discount, I'm afraid such a large and oversized item would not be possible to ship using US Mail, and you'll have to go the FedEx or UPS route, that can be VERY expensive (around $300-$500).

If you have any doubts, send me a pm ;)

Ok, mate, great to se another spanish guy over here.. off course we will talk :p...

About the VAT, yes you are right, I´m lucky... and that VAT value is not applicable in the islands... We have another taxes here, called IGIC 5%, and no other custom taxes must be apply here.. no IVA or No VAT... They MUSTN´T be apply to any order I make...

This way, I wont have to pay that 17.5% cause it would be illegal...

About the shipment... No mate, It´s FREE WORLDWIDE .... If I tell you te truth, I dont care how they ship it... I only want it to arrives safe, in good shape, and FREE :p... Then it will be stoped at customs, and I will only have to pay the 5%... ;).

Benkenove,

Been in the british Islands have you?

About the Vat, no you won't have to pay that at all, just the local import taxes. If it's 5%, then just 5% (arounf 40 euros if the currency exchange is like now by then).
On shipping cost I was speaking of the cost in case you ordered through a delaer that is not Sideshow, in the case you go the Sideshow route, then it's free shipping. That is the best option if you ask me, just in the case something arrives damaged you'll get your replacement directly from them.

I'll be ordering mine soon... just when I was recovering from the Sideshow 1/4 Predator. And then the CM Alien and Terminator and (hope next year) the MR Millenium Falcon..

Benkenove,

About the Vat, no you won't have to pay that at all, just the local import taxes. If it's 5%, then just 5% (arounf 40 euros if the currency exchange is like now by then).
On shipping cost I was speaking of the cost in case you ordered through a delaer that is not Sideshow, in the case you go the Sideshow route, then it's free shipping. That is the best option if you ask me, just in the case something arrives damaged you'll get your replacement directly from them.

I'll be ordering mine soon... just when I was recovering from the Sideshow 1/4 Predator. And then the CM Alien and Terminator and (hope next year) the MR Millenium Falcon..

Benkenove,

Thanks for your answers...

No mate, I have never been in the UK, but someday I will ;) who knows ...

Yes, you are right, and I´m very very HAPPY ...

I finally got an official reply to this:

Dear Ben,
This item will ship from our US warehouse.
In this case, we will not charge you any customs fees.
The customs will be charged by your custom office.
It should be the lower 5%, as you have stated.

So I will get the Aliesn bust with FREE shippings and I will only have to pay the 5% and whatever the shipping company charge me for the handling (around 30€)... I think is a great purchase for that price ...

What do you think =???

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back