The Superman Shorts

Mike J.

Master Member
I was going through and capping some of these for possible props yesterday.

These things have been in the public domain for years, and should be availible on cheapy DVDs at your local store.

Here are some caps from The Underground World:

map1.jpg

Map2.jpg

pix1.jpg

pic1_1.jpg

pic2.jpg

"It's a great story, Lois — too bad no one would ever believe it."

-Mike

Great Scott. :D

Yes those Fleischer Supermans are fantastic... excellent work, especially for the times.

The best quality is on the "Diamond Anniversary Edition" DVD.

6305943389.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That contains the entire run of cartoons, too. I've seen just a few of the shorts collected onto cheap DVDs, I'd avoid those. :thumbsdown

- k

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Feb 5 2006, 07:31 PM
Why did I think this thread was asking about Superman's red briefs???
[snapback]1176853[/snapback]​

I think the real question is, if that's what you thought the thread was about, why did you click in it?

;)

Originally posted by blufive+Feb 6 2006, 12:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blufive @ Feb 6 2006, 12:17 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Funky Jedi
@Feb 5 2006, 07:31 PM
Why did I think this thread was asking about Superman's red briefs???
[snapback]1176853[/snapback]​

I think the real question is, if that's what you thought the thread was about, why did you click in it?

;)
[snapback]1176882[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well, because I thought...you see, if you...when I clicked on it, I...

...shut up.

Originally posted by phase pistol@Feb 5 2006, 06:54 PM
Great Scott. :D

Yes those Fleischer Supermans are fantastic... excellent work, especially for the times.

The best  quality is on the "Diamond Anniversary Edition" DVD.

6305943389.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That contains the entire run of cartoons, too. I've seen just a few of the shorts collected onto cheap DVDs, I'd avoid those.  :thumbsdown

- k
[snapback]1176818[/snapback]​

I agree. I've had different releases, and this one (pictured above) is by far the best.

It's hard to believe that the same people who made these cartoons also made the popeye cartoons where noone ever moves their mouth as they talk.

The IMDb trivia says the budget for one of these was four times that of a Disney short; so they were the most expensive animated shorts being done.

Also, the Academy says one of the shorts was nominated for an Oscar in 1941, but didn't win.

Glad you guys like. And thanks for the DVD tips.

-Mike

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back