VASH kit poseiden/genpropz WIP (pics)

Noeland

Master Member
I don't know if this is a genpropz, or a recasting of thier recasting, or what. But I got the kit from ebay a couple years ago for $30. I recognized it as a Vash kit from poseiden and figured why not. Worst comes to worst I could make a decent static prop out of it.

Then I got it in the mail, and at the time my model building skills were no good, and I knew the kit was beyond my abilities. And it's a real mess too, burs like crazy all over the damn thing. Alot of the detail work is messy.

vash%20kit%20burs2.jpg

vash%20kit%20burs3.jpg

vash%20kit%20burs.jpg

vash%20kit%20working%20CU.jpg

So I put it away, unsure how the hell to put it together, knowing only that I needed an airsoft gun for the guts. I forgot all about it, until yesterday while I was rummaging around in a rubbermaid bin looking for some blade runner props. Low and behold, there it was.

In all it's BUBBLED glory, finding new air bubbles as I go, of coarse.

vash%20center.jpg

vash%20chamber.jpg

vash%20grip1.jpg

vash%20grip2.jpg

Thought I'd check in see if anyone else here has built one of these bad boys, how it went for you, and if you could reccomend a decent airsoft gun, or toy gun, or whatever for the guts of this kit.

vash%20kit%20cleanup.jpg

vash%20kit%20exacto.jpg

vash%20taped1.jpg

vash%20trigger%20guard.jpg

Thanks in advance. Anyone else who is working on, or has built one, please post your pictures.. I'd love to see them.

I will post pics as I continue working on the gun.

Noeland--------------------------------

vash%20trigun%20013.jpg
heres mine I got in kit form off ebay but for alot more, has working hammer& trigger, chamber turns when trigger is pulled. grips go on seperately and are attached with a screw & bolt.

Here's mine,its the other style of the gun though, this one has a working trigger adn hammer as well as metal pieces:

vash1.jpg

vash2.jpg

vash3.jpg

vash4.jpg

yup, that looks like the sidkit model, from Italy. definately a sharp looking version of the gun. No idea which one is accurate to the cartoon/comic book though.

I think the version you guys have is probably bigger than the one I have. This one seems built for small japanese hands :D

just kidding :angel

Njc-----------------------

Originally posted by Noeland@Feb 5 2006, 12:40 AM
yup, that looks like the sidkit model, from Italy. definately a sharp looking version of the gun. No idea which one is accurate to the cartoon/comic book though.

I think the version you guys have is probably bigger than the one I have. This one seems built for small japanese hands  :D

just kidding  :angel

Njc-----------------------
[snapback]1176354[/snapback]​
:lol
awsome trigun props

Isn't there controversy about Sidkit and recasting? I was going to buy a Trigun kit from him, but didn't due to this recasting issue...

But hey, I have a Trigun kit here that I'm suppose to finish up. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

Isn't there controversy about Sidkit and recasting?

Yeah, there is. I was close to picking up one of his VP-70's when he hit ebay with an obvious recast of a v3 coyle blaster. So, that instantly killed his work for me. I won't buy from him. :(

However, I don't think all his kits are recasts. I can't say for sure perhaps others on the boards know better. I do believe his vash kit, and other trigun kits, and his COP version blade runner blaster are originals. And he sells tons of these kits on ebay. :rolleyes

I would bet he's plenty talented enough to have created his own BR blaster kit, so I was disappointed to find out what a jerk he was about his recasting after Rich contacted him. I had hoped he'd stop selling Rich's work. :angry

Back on topic, this can't be all the vash kits we have on the RPF.. Lets see more kits.

Njc-------------------

I'll try to post the kit I have (no idea where it's from) but someone sent it to me to finish, and I just haven't had time.

But yeah, regardless of whether Sidkit recast the Vash pistol or not, I won't go near him if he recast anything. :angry

The sidkit Vash gun IS a recast of the Vice Alpha Vash pistol. There are so many tells on it, it's sick.

I actually have a Poseidon/DNG Vash gun up on auction right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6034261235

So far, it's the 5th one I've built. The Poseidon/DNG gun is more accurate to the anime and the Vice Alpha is more accurate to the manga, IIRC. Oh and if you need the M29 gun kit to complete your Vash gun, Noeland, pm me and I'll tell you where to get one.

Ryu

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back