If MR wasn't going to loose the Star Wars license, what props should they have done?

jason1976

Sr Member
If MR wasn't going to loose the Star Wars license, what props would you like to have seen them do?

Personally I would have like to have seeen an Obi-wan EP I/II FX saber. A Vader ROTJ FX, and Qui-gon FX could have been cool too.

I would have LOVED for them to have done a line of small, reasonably price props, like the ones there doing for Pirates. I maen, how cool would have it been to walk into a store, and see restraning bolts, jedi comlinks, stormtrooper comlinks, Naboo comlinks, (maybe even Lando's comlinks. :) ), jedi holo projectors, saber darts, etc. etc. etc. all blister-packed, and under $20. each (hopefully, more like $10. - $15.) ~drools a little~

I mean, I know most of those things have been done here, and for much more, but these of course would be mass produced, and probably not 100% accurate, but they would be great for the price, and plenty good enough for a lot of us.

I don't know, what else would have been cool?

Last edited:
Re: If MR wasn't going to loose the Star Wars license, what props should they have do

Some of the items that I would have loved to have seen MR make include...

ROTJ Solo Blaster (to finish them off)
Chewie Bowcaster (been dreaming of that getting one day)
A couple prequel sabers (******* Maul, Aayla Secura, etc)
Replica of the MG-34... one can dream.

And then there are the prequel blasters. Outside of the Jango pistols, MR never got around to any PT blasters. Would have loved to have seen a Battle Droid blaster, Naboo trooper blasters, Typho's pistol, Zam's rifle, etc.

Would absolutely have loved seeing what they could have done with the clonetrooper blasters (long and short).

And then there are a number of Studio Scale vehicles they could have done... Slave One, Jawa Sandcrawler, Luke's Landspeeder, Star Destroyer, Vader TIE, regular TIE, A-wing, B-wing, etc.

But lots of those are reaching.

Re: If MR wasn't going to loose the Star Wars license, what props should they have do

If MR wasn't going to loose the Star Wars license, what props would you like to have seen them do?

Personally I would have like to have seeen an Obi-wan EP I/II FX saber. A Vader ROTJ FX, and Qui-gon FX could have been cool too.

I would have LOVED for them to have done a line of small, reasonably price props, like the ones there doing for Pirates. I maen, how cool would have it been to walk into a store, and see restraning bolts, jedi comlinks, stormtrooper comlinks, Naboo comlinks, (maybe even Lando's comlinks. :) ), jedi holo projectors, saber darts, etc. etc. etc. all blister-packed, and under $20. each (hopefully, more like $10. - $15.) ~drools a little~

I mean, I know most of those things have been done here, and for much more, but these of course would be mass produced, and probably not 100% accurate, but they would be great for the price, and plenty good enough for a lot of us.

I don't know, what else would have been cool?

Man...

You are sooo right J, they should have done that whole, smaller prop on blister card thing.

They coulda sold them everywhere. Bookstores gamestores etc. like they do with the FX line. And they would probably made enough money to see fit to keep SW.

Last edited:

Yeah I would have wanted to at least have seen a Clonetrooper carbine.

A good-sized, accurate ESB Star Destroyer...

I also would have loved to have seen more FX sabers, especially a Dooku. I remember MR saying it was impossible because of the curve, but Danakin made one by gutting a Maul and putting it in a Hasbro Dooku, along with other modifications.

They could have made some FX blasters, I suppose, giving them lights and sounds. I certainly would have liked to have seen them make a deece.

I'm personally glad they aren't gonna do any more Star Wars replicas. I love Star Wars just as much as the next guy, but honestly, they need to try and get out some other items. The ALIENS Pulse Rifle being one, maybe some MIB stuff, some more Predator items, etc... but hey, that's just me :thumbsup

I would have liked an Episode 2 Clone Trooper Helmet or a Clone Wars ARC Trooper Helmet. I also would like some of the Studio Scale models people mentioned above, as well an Episode 2 Obi-Wan Jedi StarFighter with Hyperspace Ring.

I liked the Mini Line as well, and liked how they were getting into the weapons and the Helmets, so wished they would have been able to expand that more.

Sad for us Star Wars fans, but hope that means more Star Trek props and I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Battlestar Galactica.

they realy didnt do nearly as much as they could...

i wish they would put out ALOT more FX sabers...

FX Sabers:
TPM Kenobi
Qui-Gon
Sidious
Dooku (it would probably end up being massive, but oh well)

Blasters:
TPM Naboo Royal pistol
Bowcaster
Clone Carbine
Biker Scout pistol (pleanty of resin ones out there, but still)

Helmets:
Royal Guard (red and blue, but mostly red)
AOTC Clone
Zam
Anakin's Pod Racer

Studio Scale (not really my cup of tea, but ideas....)
Biker Scout/Speeder (The Sideshow one sold out in how many minutes?)
Pod Racers (mostly Anakin's)
Naboo Starfighter
A-Wing
TIE Interceptror (was this done?)

I agree with the blister-packed options too. Out of all the stuff I listed, I would probably only end up buying 1, maybe 2 things due to cost. But little things like Jedi Commlinks I think would be cool

Last edited:

1:1 Star Destroyer (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Blockade Runner scaled replica.
32" would have been about right.

1:1 Star Destroyer (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

OO, it would cost billions, have to be built in space, and personally, I would rather have the falcon. But, we would certainly, finely, win the space raise. :lol

I love all the ideas so far gang. A lot of them would have been out of my price range, like a lot of the stuff they have out now, but I still could have looked at it all, and dreamed, like I have been doing for the past few years. :)

I'm sure someone will pick up the license, at some point. it would be nice, if whoever they are, started looking in on threads like this one.

for me, since im doing a rots vader, i wished they would of done a FX rots vader saber, so i could do the luxeon conversion to it, and made a combo belt hanger and fully duelable saber for my costume. for now i have to settle for a ANH style saber i made myself from a real heiland and TCSS internal guts, run with a hasbro sound board, with sound working, and a blast-tech vader conversion kit, with a swapped out metal shroud replica for his resin shroud.

You guys know that they're working on TPM Obi-Wan and Dooku FXs, right?

Yeah but Amy said they weren't likely to get them out in time so we probably won't see them.

I wish they would have done the Solo ROTJ blaster too.

To complete the minis, a ROTJ vader

Last one I would want to complete the Vader sabers.

Spoke with Amy and she mentioned that they have been pushing for one, but nothing up to now.

Might have to make one myself from a luke ESB.

Helmets, helmets and more helmets.

I know that they are being done by many on this and other forums but a

1. Commander Baccara
2. Biker Scout
3. Commander Cody
4. Commander Bly
5. Republic Commando

....heck just do them all:lol

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back