Bladerunner/2049 blasters

DARKVIEW

Sr Member
Thought I’d share with you my near completed K-blaster. I’ll go into it’s build from a rough 3D printed model to it’s finished end result later.
Also i will be showing it with my other Hero blasters side by side. l welcome any added links,tips or pictures of your work to date.

I've the dreaded Carbon Fibre chequered pattern to think about on mine tho l must say l am no fan of its aesthetics.

W16Ky0H.jpg

Last edited:
Found this, but not quite the same chequered pattern fiber, lm after. I’m hoping one of you guys might know where to get the same as the prop carbon fiber texture.

erTbWrO.jpg

wifrp5I.jpg

Last edited:
“The dreaded carbon fiber...”

totally my experience, lol. It was an effort getting mine on there to say the least. Came out great, though.

Youre blaster looks incredible :thumbsup Great work.

Look up "carbon fibre cloth". Seems to be a more symmetrical pattern than the real diagonal stuff.

Cheers, l did but it’s still not quite right and the cloth looks a little ridged for a small curved handle like Ks blaster... fine for car wing mirrors and big curved areas etc.

I’m thinking of going the Tamiya tape method as a stencil, it’s long and arduous cutting squares but it should in the end be worth it, only thing is I’d really like to see the original handle from all angles but after an extensive search have little of the original prop. I thought when l got the Art & Soul of Bladerunner 2049 they’d be great references but no.

This went horribly wrong due to the curves of the handle grip parts ... me needs a rethink on taping stencils.
The gloss spray, dry completely leaves a residue mark after peeling so back to the scratchboard...

bw0FhVz.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm assuming, that you are using the model from thingiverse. I am currently also working on my Agent K blaster and I ran into the same problem. I think, that the best looking way would be to actually wrap the grip with carbon fiber. I made some tests and the results were promising. The big problem are the compound curves of the grip, thats what failed on my first attempt. I simply reprinted the grip and I will try to get the curves right using a vacuum bag to make the carbon fiber stick to the compound curve better.

“The dreaded carbon fiber...”

totally my experience, lol. It was an effort getting mine on there to say the least. Came out great, though.

Youre blaster looks incredible :thumbsup Great work.

Any tips on apply that wrap to the handle? I've given it one go and failed. Hard lol.

I abandoned the idea myself. I ended up using tamiya 3mm(?), I think 3mm tape, and cut into squares.

Placed them on one by one for each side. The hardest part is making sure the pattern stays consistent all the way around.

I kind of added my own take by adding a black strip down the back of the grip. That allowed me to cheat and hide my mistakes.

If I haven’t posted it yet, here’s a picture showing the back of the grip.
77D3A1CE-CDF8-432C-ABBE-52727B4237EE.jpeg

Last edited:
I abandoned the idea myself. I ended up using tamiya 3mm(?), I think 3mm tape, and cut into squares.

Placed them on one by one for each side. The hardest part is making sure the pattern stays consistent all the way around.

I kind of added my own take by adding a black strip down the back of the grip. That allowed me to cheat and hide my mistakes.

If I haven’t posted it yet, here’s a picture showing the back of the grip.View attachment 991044

Thanks for sharing! After I failed with the vinyl, I tried this method. I made it 75% down the handle before tearing it all off as I was not happy with the consistency... I guess I should give it another try. Yours turned out pretty good.

For the filming props I'm pretty sure they used the checkerboard rubber shelf liner pulled tightly around the grip as a stencil (which is why there is a black stripe down the back, to hide the join) as the shape of the squares is not consistent around the curves and they lack hard defined edges, due to the thickness of the rubber.

For the filming props I'm pretty sure they used the checkerboard rubber shelf liner pulled tightly around the grip as a stencil (which is why there is a black stripe down the back, to hide the join) as the shape of the squares is not consistent around the curves and they lack hard defined edges, due to the thickness of the rubber.

Holy **** I like that idea.... Was trying to think of a good stencil to use for this. I may give this option a try! Thank you.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back