Question About This "Solo: A Star Wars Story" Toy

azheat01

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I saw this SASWS toy yesterday in the store and immediately noticed the god awful Mimban Stormtrooper that came included. It looks like Hasbro went through the scrap bin and pulled out figures from the 90's era POTF line, dirtied them up, and included them with this vehicle. It has the classic style of the POTF line; small waist and body builder upper torso. Are sales so bad that they're resorting to re-purposing old stock?

I mean I know this is not uncommon and they've done it before with other figures, but this figure looks terrible! They couldn't have possibly taken an old mold from that line and pumped out more of these, right? Why, just use a mold from one of the newer Stormtrooper figure designs. I almost wanted to buy this just to see if was date stamped. But even it it was, it's not difficult for them to alter the date on the molds. I just can't believe they would use, or allow another one of the factories to use, this figure............

IMG_1030.JPG

This happens a lot on the toy message boards I visit. That's what happens when toy companies start asking $12 for a figure or $30 for a small, basic vehicle that doesn't even have sound effects or lights.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back