First Order Tie Helmet interior build

Deetz

This is my 3rd Tie helmet, but this time I want to make the interior as well.

This is the reference image I have.
interior reference.jpg

This is what I have so far. The first shows some of the helmet pieces I have finished, the HUD is sanded but not polished.
Tie Helmet.jpg

This following image shows the HUD all polished up.
Tie HUD.jpg

I also want to add this decal to the front of the helmet for this version, is this legit though? Thought I'd check and see first if anyone else knows. It doesn't look like Aurebesh so I'm a little unsure.
tie helmet reference02.jpg

I also want to add this decal to the front of the helmet for this version, is this legit though? Thought I'd check and see first if anyone else knows. It doesn't look like Aurebesh so I'm a little unsure.
View attachment 850047

It is legit! I just checked and it does appear in the movie— specifically it's from a shot at this time stamp.
TFA_pilot.jpg

The reason it doesn't look like Aurabesh is because it's based on the helmet decals from some of the hero TIE pilots in the 1977 Star Wars, which predates the invention of aurabesh. On this helmet, the decal looks like it was just numbers with some chunks cut out of them, and you can see some of the exact same symbols on this new First Order TIE pilot.
ANH_HD_Tie06.jpg

Over on the 501st they have this number font if you want to make your own.
--File-helmetmarkings,jpg--.jpeg

Last edited:
It is legit! I just checked and it does appear in the movie— specifically it's from a shot at this time stamp.
View attachment 850088

The reason it doesn't look like Aurabesh is because it's based on the helmet decals from some of the hero TIE pilots in the 1977 Star Wars, which predates the invention of aurabesh. On this helmet, the decal looks like it was just numbers with some chunks cut out of them, and you can see some of the exact same symbols on this new First Order TIE pilot.
View attachment 850087

Over on the 501st they have this number font if you want to make your own.
View attachment 850089

Fantastic! Thanks for the number font as well. I'm planning on using this version with interior for my 501st application.

sw_prop_27a-1024x768.jpg

Not sure if you have this already, by here's a nice reference photo of the decal on the original screen used one

View attachment 850271

Not sure if you have this already, by here's a nice reference photo of the decal on the original screen used one

Yeah thanks, man, that's the first pic I saw that got me searching for more info.:)

Here's a small update with some of the interior together, I'm working on getting the wiring setup and battery packs installed. I still need to find room for a fan or two in there with more batteries at the back of the helmet, not sure about that yet.

Tie_pilot_interior_01.jpgTie_pilot_interior_02.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back