funny video with my fanmad Darth Vader (ESB) replica in the Rogue One hallway-scene

Re: funny video with my fanmad Darth Vader (ESB) replica in the Rogue One hallway-sce

I'm with that rebel, "Help us, get us out of here!"

LOL, funny, yet vaguely disturbing.

Re: funny video with my fanmad Darth Vader (ESB) replica in the Rogue One hallway-sce

Lol!! Gonna have that song now stuck in my head a long with seagulls, stop it now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Nice moves!

Enjoyed that

I think I’ve watched this about 10 times over the last few days since you posted it. I’m really not sure why I keep coming back to it. It is kind lf funnt but there’s somethinf else there. I can’t put my finger on it, and I’m not even sure I “like” it, but there’s just something... I don’t know.

Don’t get me wrong. You did a good job. The production and execution are good. There’s just also something else about it.

I think I’ve watched this about 10 times over the last few days since you posted it. I’m really not sure why I keep coming back to it. It is kind lf funnt but there’s somethinf else there. I can’t put my finger on it, and I’m not even sure I “like” it, but there’s just something... I don’t know.

Don’t get me wrong. You did a good job. The production and execution are good. There’s just also something else about it.

thank you so much for this extraordinary complex comment and that you share your subtle thoughts- I really appreciate it.

I thought about this and here are some vague notions:
- the setup and the scene look menacing (and Vader looks true to the original) but the dance is ridiculous.
- the sound of the lightsaber is true to the original, but the song played is ridiculous.
- while Vader is standing without moving, I applied a kind of vertigo/ dollyzomm-effect to make it look more dramatic (and the rebel's eyes are enlarged for a split of a second).
- I shot the scene at half speed (because I had problems to make/ learn the fast movements while wearing the suit) and played the footage at double speed. This makes the movements look ridiculous like a Benny Hill-episode.

Here is a quick look behind the scenes/ making of:

Last edited by a moderator:

here's a recent short demonstration of my setup (german vader's voice is Heinz Petruo and sounds quite different to JEJ but I am really happy with the result. Everyone is amazed about the voice 'that sounds like [the german] vader...):

Vader speaking german sounds even more menacing!!! Although watching him skibidi-dancing afterwards somehow spoils the effect. :lol
Great work!

the final edit it done.

just a short first minute of an impressive birthday-surprise-troop for a little nice kid:

some additional pictures shot at the birthday-troop:
vader_suit_up_help.jpg

vader_deathstar_stormtrooper_head.jpg

stormtrooper_deathstar_toilet.jpg

darth_vader_snowtrooper.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back