Star Wars 6th Scale Sideshow backdrop build log

leonanthony

I always love building small diorama's and such and now a friend of mine asked if I could build him a nice backdrop for his sideshow collectibles 6th scale series.
He wanted something like an imperial hallway so I've mede some 3D mockups for him and we settled on 2 base panels 1 with lights and one with some nice angled panels.

6thscale_imp_mockup.png

So after settling on the designs I've made some Fusion 360 drawings, did some tweaking to perfect the shape and I even went so far to just create them in full scale so I could use them in any size I would like.

6thscale_imp_360.png

Time to print:
6thscale_imp_printer_01.png

I'm not even mad. Pretty happy with the result so far:

6thscale_imp_printer_02.png

Will update you guys with more soon!

So I did a little cleanup work on the first print and finished the second part as well
6thscale_imp_cleanup_01.png

Time to make a mold from these parts, yes I know you can still see the print lines, but I'm taking a different rout to perfect smoothness

6thscale_imp_mold_01.png
6thscale_imp_mold_02.png

Started printing the other wall as well, this one is gonna need a little bid more work because there will be lights inside.
6thscale_imp_printer_03.png

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back