How to remove Krups logo from BTTF Mr. Fusion coffee grinder

Same, it was not fun, TONS of elbow grease, but didnt fog or damage the plastic in any way.
Very true. It's not a five minute project. It will take a little while but when done there will be no damage to the plastic. I'm sure there are easier ways to do it but why take the chance of damage. Once you compromise the plastic you can't undo it. Better to put in the work which you know will work than try to take a shortcut. After all, these grinders are getting harder and harder to find. If you damage the surface of the plastic, you will hate your life.

wouldn't mineral spirits work?

It for sure will, BUT, it will also likely mess up the plastic. Acetone would be easier on the plastic I think, but It can fog or change the appearance of it. Plastic polish will 100% work, it just takes effort, but its proven to not mess up the Krups.

Id hate to see you ruin your project being in a hurry, but if you try the chemical approach let us know what happens.

Methylated spirits and I think it was a "less-than-5-minute" job...

Also known as, Denatured Alcohol for you USA RPF'ers. (which is different from rubbing alcohol)

You can sometimes find it in the Camping section as marine stove fuel. Wear Gloves !

Last edited by a moderator:
I used "Mother's Plastic Polish" and it worked very well, makes the surface completely clean, as if there was never a label there. Thanks for the tip.The only problem is the tip of my finger, now blistered.

Resurrecting an old thread... with all this time at home I'm puttering around the storage room and found an old Krups grinder that I bought years ago with the intention of making a Mr Fusion. I'm going some clean up on it now, but was wondering if there was a good source for the Mr Fusion labels? Most of the stuff I see online makes me nervous. Anyone have any recommendations?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back