Finished Bandai AT-AT & T47 Diorama

mrhodes

Hey!,

I post this kind of stuff on twitter reasonably often, but forget that I should probably post it here too!

I've only really just started doing model kits in the last few months, and this is the first time I've posted a scale model here.

I put together a Bandai 1:144 AT-AT, with a 1:144 T-47 Snowspeeder from the Bandai 1:48 Snowspeeder kit. I painted both models using Vallejo airbrush acrylics, and weathered both models using oil paints. I then combined them together using fine gauge piano wire, and using it as the Harpoon and cable, which also supports the weight of the Snowspeeder. I created a custom base out of some scrap MDF, cut to size and with a small fillet routed around them. Combining this together with a small piece of drybrushed polystyrene and snow flock created a pretty decent looking custom diorama.

View attachment 849171View attachment 849172View attachment 849173
View attachment 849174View attachment 849175View attachment 849176
DSCF8691-1.jpgDSCF8692-1.jpgDSCF8693-1.jpg
DSCF8694-1.jpgDSCF8695-1.jpgDSCF8696-1.jpg

As per a suggestion from a friend, I have recorded the built in a series of videos, which I'll eventually get around to cutting together for Youtube. Eventually!

Cheers,
Mark

That's some VERY nice paint job... I actually gave up on my airbrush some time ago because I couldn't achieve such results. Figured it's just better to give it to my friend who can paint it properly :)

Why do a lot of modelers pose the AT-AT like that? The legs don't bend backwards.. Nice work btw.

That's an awesome pick up. I actually posed it like that for stability whilst moving it around, painting it, etc. Once I put it in my display case, I straightened all the but the leading leg. It is not as stable, but in a display case it doesn't really matter. And thanks :)

That's some VERY nice paint job... I actually gave up on my airbrush some time ago because I couldn't achieve such results. Figured it's just better to give it to my friend who can paint it properly :)

Thank you! I spent a good while learning what did and didn't work on the other models I made.

If you're interested in seeing more on how I made & painted this diorama, I just uploaded my first Youtube video showing how I made this.

https://youtu.be/pWZ1QCJjUMU

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back