Nineteen Eighty Four - Ministry of Truth ID Card

Alrightman

Hello, everyone! I have been working on this little thing. I tried staining it with coffee but went a bit excessive. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ministry of Truth ID1.jpg
finished example.jpg

Made a PSD template if anyone is interested

For light staining I use 1 table spoon or less soluble coffee in a glass of cold water, throw it in a shallow oven tray or something, let the paper soak for a couple minutes max then place it in the oven (not too hot) until dry (usually a couple minutes too). It gives a nice yellowy/old paper homogenous tone. You can drop some more concentrated coffee in some spots to make stains or let the paper absorb it through the edges too to add some texture. Results will depend on the paper's weight, thickness, grain etc so it's better to make some tests and tweak soaking time or coffee concentration. Different kinds of tea make different stain hues too, but I haven't tried it that much cause you've got to make the tea... with soluble coffee you can make a ton of old looking paper in a short time. I also prefer to print in plain B&W or color on white paper and give the stain through this method, instead of printing the stain. (Sometimes ink runs or reacts weird especially on my home el cheapo printer)

Is this from the actual 1984's "1984" movie? Very cool project btw!

Thanks everyone for replying! I just noticed the messages.

I would really love a.psd template to make my own card. Please post it , great work and thanks!
That is awesome. Are you willing to share?

EDIT: I just have to add to my post, what a great little project. Something different and from such a classic Book/Film. Thankyou for posting it.
Have to share my sentiments, these look amazing would love a copy.

There you go, guys! I couldn't post here since it is a PSD.
MOT ID Share1 - Download - 4shared - ---- ====

If you use a program to "ZIP" the file, then you can upload a zipped file here. I do this with STL files, and it works fine. You can't upload a STL file, but you can upload a ZIPPED STL file.
Any chance of finding another hosting site, or Google Docs?

That hosting service demands login info and tries to download fake flash installers
Alright, let me send it as a zip.

Attachments

• MOT ID Share1.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 147
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back