Painting the 4x20 scope?

alluvial damper

Hi all

So, I'm about to begin my Hasbro Boba Fett EE-3 blaster fix-up. I see several folks are using the cheap ebay 4x20 scope so I got one of those, but it's on a slow boat from China ..

Now, I'd like to make it look similar to the weathering on the blaster, but do I need to prime it, paint it silver and then matt black? Or just silver + black? Or maybe just matt black and apply silver/gun metal weathering on top?

And will that interfere with the adjustments on the scope? (If there is any?)

I've read/searched all the threads here about the blaster but I do not see this particular question answered

Thank you in advance :)

Cheers,

Ole

You'll definitely find more Boba Fett info at The Dented Helmet.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

You will probably want to prime it and then paint it. A lot will depend on your skill set, your resources, and what parts you have. Do you have the mounting blocks and the Molex connectors yet, as they are attached and might be easier to paint together at the same time (and ultimately look better)?

Hi

Thanx for the answers and sorry for not getting back earlier

@Dann : I've found a few threads on TDH (and made an account) but I only found a few regarding the Hasbro EE-3, none too interesting though ..

There's quite a few threads here, with this one being a proper guide for noobs like me (the part about taking it apart is especially helpfull for me) :

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=140375

And this is using the eBay 4x20 scope :

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=105778

I see the maker here primed the scope and painted it so I'm going to do that

@mugatu : Yes, it's all up to my DIY skills. While I'm new to this prop making world, I have made a load of Tamiya 1:35 military kits years ago and have recently started to make Tamiya RC cars (Re-res) and have a decent workshop with tools and various parts, so I think I got that covered

But I'm not sure what you mean regarding Molex connectors and "mounting blocks"?

Cheers,

Ole

Ole,

These are the Molex blocks:
9134BAEC-6D52-415B-A16A-8F9F31337015.jpeg

They go on the sides of the Maclow clips on the barrel, somewhat like this:
A0989231-F50F-46EA-A3C1-6351F3B63345.jpeg

I seem to have misplaced the mounting blocks I have. They go on top of the flat part of the Maclow clips. The Maclow clips I’m using are metal reproductions, but are very close to the ones on the ESB blaster. I will post pics of my repro mounting blocks when I find them. They sit atop the Maclows and the regular scope mounts attach to the sides of the mounting blocks.

EDIT: By the way, Molex blocks and Maclow clips are both still made and readily available.

Also, I am sure you know already but the square center greeblies on the stock have been identified this past month, per partsofsw. Check out their fb page.

Unimax/in2tec fail safe switch wafer:
5DE22BA8-7DC0-4265-84EF-2B5752015868.jpeg

319BF038-A0BB-4D29-B555-B50F83464620.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back