What are the most overdone prop replicas?

GRAFLEX-based lightsaber hilts.

At this point, they are like opinions and everyone seems to have one.

But—in a perfect world, that should be the case, right?

I guess I don't get what this thread is supposed to do. Make folks who come to the forums feel bad for wanting to make stuff they like, just because a lot of people have already made it? :confused

I was wondering the same, along with discouraging them to post things they've made.

Just because a prop is popular does not make it "overdone" IMHO.
The criteria for me is 1) a low barrier of entry, and 2) not be one of the most iconic props of all time.

The Blade Runner blaster, Han's blaster and Luke's "Graflex" lightsaber are iconic. They were iconic before The RPF, and will remain so for a long time.
There might be a low barrier of entry now but not if you want the truly high-end accurate stuff.
Maybe the painted waterguns are overdone, but the ones made from real gun parts are not.

I think the gest of the thread is to show what was the most popular prop to reproduce through the last 15yrs or so, not to be a deterent to those that want to get into the hobby. Just a stagger down the old memory lane so to speak.

Dont worry they will find one :lol

Perhaps it could have a letherette whip grip.

Oh yeah, didn't one of the bad guys in Iron Man 2 have a laser whip ? You could make the laser whip have the leatherette handle and cross over Indiana-Jones-Star Wars-Iron-Man

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back