Odd prop car question

It's a shame that your local cop shop doesn't take you seriously. I'll bet there are one or two individual officers who'd love to be part of the project with you. In my hometown, they not only allow "tribute" police cars, but love to have them at community police events. A friend of a friend has a '62 Chevy police replica that has no trouble cruising around. He has collector plates and no modern markings that could be confused with an active police cruiser.

Of course I would do it it complete grey scale.
While I always find monochrome props to be quite interesting, I’m not sure about going through the effort to make the entire car in monochrome. That would involve dying the seats grey, the interior panels grey, all of that. If I were you, I’d just make a color version that looks accurate when viewed in monochrome. Since there was a new Ford Cuiser each season, which one will you try to replicate? I know the last few seasons were shot in color, so if you chose one of those, it won’t have to be monochrome. But each to his own. I fully support any route you take with this project, as this is possibly my favorite show from the 60s (along with Mission: Impossible) and the cop cars are true classics in their own right. Best of luck to ya!

I've seriously been considering doing another prop car. My choice may seem odd, but it's from a show that I love.
I want to do Sheriff Andy Taylor's car from the Andy Griffith show. Of course I would do it it complete grey scale.
My question is, once finished, can I drive this about town and not get into trouble with the DFW police as it appears to be (although vintage) a police car?
Honestly, I'm not sure who to ask that's why I came to the all knowing RPF. Maybe someone can add some insight before I take on this project.
Forgot to mention. I took mine to your Cars & Coffee a few years back. I'm thinking it was in Little Elm....? Anyways, your local police loved it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back