Nuka Dark Rum

Mach

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Saw the new Nuka Dark bottles in the video in the hellboy thread at NYCC 2018. Look in the back next to the BOS armor. The bottles bigger than I expected.

i-bPwSrJV-M.jpg

https://www.nukadarkrum.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice licensed replica from Chronicle Collectables sister company and it's full of rum, I don't see a problem lol! Seriously though i wish it were in the $50-$60 range but I haven't tasted to see how good the rum is yet.

I saw these and wondered if they are scaled correctly or just whatever scale they came up with. Either way they're $80 a bottle!

Good eye spotting that. I hadn't seen a real bottle yet.

I found a better image here: https://twitter.com/SilverScreenCo/status/1050445696753647616
The bottle label says 750mL. The bottle looks to be plastic with a seam on the side, I wonder if it just fancy packaging, with a regular glass bottle inside. Note they also still didn't get the label perfect...double curves are always hard.

I did just spot the Nuka Cola Quantum Light on the offical store. I am not buying it as want a glass bottle with liquid inside.

I've got the rum on order and the pipboy kit too. Sigh, zap are you gonna make me figure out how cast glass in a graphite mold? :)

Graphite is used for high repetition molds, but cast iron or even 3D printed steel can be used also. If they can make it happen, sign me up for a bottle. I would also be happy to help design a mold.

Aww that'd be pretty lame if the licensed bottles aren't even glass. I've always lived by the rule of thumb that if it's hard alcohol in a plastic bottle it's basically rotgut, hehe. I'll hold out for an RPF run then.

Assuming Bethesda and Coca-Cola never collaborate, I'd love a whole series of both clear and opaque glass bottles (where appropriate), so we can get bottling ourselves. A non-Coke cola flavor, maybe formulated just for the Nuka-Cola, maybe an off-the-shelf boutique offering like Fentiman's Curiosity Cola. Something like Mountain Dew Voltage for Quantum, something like Crystal Pepsi for Quartz, a spiced-apple soda for Victory... Nuka-Grape is just rebottled grape soda. Nuka-Orange I'm pretty sure is just orange soda, but I've also seen it called Nuka-Cola Orange (which I've never seen for Nuka-Grape), so it might be an orange-cola mix. But, at the same time, Nuka-Cola Wild is definitely straight root beer, not a mix. But again, Nuka-Cherry is a cherry cola (not the straight cherry soda it started out as before Nuka-Cola bought the original producer), but that's not reflected in the name. So, anyone's guess. *lol*

I'm fine with the size and bottling of this Nuka-Cola Dark. It'd lose its fizz after opening if they'd carbonated it... But get some smaller glass bottles and a Sodastream, and one might be on to something.

A set of the rivals would be nice, too. Sunset Sarsaparille, Vim! and Vim! Refresh, maybe even the original bottling of the grape and cherry sodas Nuka-Cola bought out...

The bottle looks nice. Maybe it's just glass covered with something? That would explain the seam on it's side... at least partially.

Yep, as predicted. Now that I look at that tradeshow image again, the physical size of the bottle meant it would have held well over a liter anyways.
Too bad really.

Arrived today. Not sure why there's a label on the glass bottle. Yes, it's a glass bottle inside an opaque plastic casing... but it's a permanent joining. The "bottle cap" is the top of a cork in the glass bottle, and the plastic shell doesn't separate. It is meant to be stored, displayed, and poured from as a unit.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back