Name that song/instrumental?

JLeezy23

Sr Member
So, my gf and I have been stumped. She hums this tune which is a guitar riff, possibly a non vocal instrumental, played in movies. I recognize it but i cant put my finger on it!

She said its possibly played in a bar scene, it sounds similar to Show Me How To Live https://youtu.be/vVXIK1xCRpY but its not the song we're looking for.

It may be featured in action films, in a dramatic entrance, its a distorted guitar with snares ticking in the background, this is al lthe information i've gathered, any help is appreciated!

p.s, if anyone else needs music identified, feel free to drop it here!

Wow, trying to guess a song from something that sounds a bit like something else. This may take some time or an amazing piece of luck.

How about immigrant song

Probably not.... but its so cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was in that bad eddie and the cruisers sequel too. the one with rick moranis and willem defoe in a rock 'n roll fantasy land
ah the basement beer drinking vhs blockbuster video rental late 80's days

Last edited:
I have a tune that's been bothering me FOREVER. I figured it out on a keyboard, and if I can get it up on youtube or something I'll link here...

Maybe someone here can figure it out... cuz this has been me the last couple years:

My brother says this sound bite was taken from an actual song by MJ. I can't seem to figure which song and if it really exists.:confused

I’ve always wanted to find this slow, bittersweet/melancholy piano instrumental that I heard when I was a kid. This was in the ‘80s, but I’m pretty sure it’s older than that. I want to say it’s a pretty well known piece, since I think it was included in one of those compilation albums you could order C.O.D. back then. I also want to say it's been used, comedically, on TV shows to really drive home the point that a character is sad. Haven’t really heard it much for a while now, but I do remember hearing it regularly enough in those days.

I’ve always wanted to find this slow, bittersweet/melancholy piano instrumental that I heard when I was a kid. This was in the ‘80s, but I’m pretty sure it’s older than that. I want to say it’s a pretty well known piece, since I think it was included in one of those compilation albums you could order C.O.D. back then. I also want to say it's been used, comedically, on TV shows to really drive home the point that a character is sad. Haven’t really heard it much for a while now, but I do remember hearing it regularly enough in those days.

I don't know the name, but I think I know the piece you mean. Very slow and somber piece, it got a lot of play.

Off the top of my head sounds like something Chicago did

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" is what I was thinking of.

But it could also be the first track here.

Isn't there some app the kids (god I'm officially old for saying that...) use where you can hum or sing and it will ID the song?

SoundHound works well for me. I was able to identify the music that playing in the background of a tape recording I made in 1994.
There can't be a lot of noise or interference though. It works even better if you have at least a 10-15 second sample of actual music.

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" is what I was thinking of.

But it could also be the first track here.

It's not Moonlight Sonata. I do like that first song in the second video, and it has a very similar feel to what I'm talking about but that's not it, either.

It's not Moonlight Sonata. I do like that first song in the second video, and it has a very similar feel to what I'm talking about but that's not it, either.

I thought for sure it was the one in my second link, I've heard it so often when a character was feeling sad. Whatever it is it must be an old classical piece, something not bound by copyrights to have been used in so many different things.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back