Ductless Paint Booth, opinions?

Hello,
Just wondering if any of the members here use a ductless paint booth or could recommend one.

I was looking at this: https://www.micromark.com/15-Inch-x...38NNUOp3yjvCTEvD7uq0xZv0GL4qvJNxoCSYEQAvD_BwE

I model more around this time of year I have a nice room in my basement that is dedicated to my hobby. I have an industrial type of fan that sucks up the over spray
but I still get the fumes in the basement. I currently wear a mask but again if the filter system on a booth like this works or anyone own something like this and could lend an opinion that would be appreciated.

I have block walls and also block windows and cannot easily vent a hose to the outside.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Angrytrooper;
I have the 15”x30” version and it works great! I have had it for 10 years, use it all the time and never any hiccups. I use enamel paints and I clean my airbrush with acetone and the spray booth really keeps the smell to a minimum and it sucks up all of the overspray. The one drawback is that you really can’t use it with can spray paint AKA- “rattle can.” I tried it one time and amount of paint combined with the high PSI did overwhelm the spray booth. For airbrushing it works fantastic. However, for an extra level of protection I wear a respirator when I’m airbrushing... one word of advice- if you can afford it, and you have the space, get the bigger spray booth.
best wishes and good luck;
SCUDMAN

SCUDMAN,

Hey I really appreciate the feedback I talked it over with my wife and told her you recommend the larger booth. :D Might as well spend a little extra and the fact that you have used it for a decade and the product filters most smells fumes is the report I was looking for. As far as rattle cans I like Tamiya primer in spray cans but can use an alternative. The hood I have now is from a Sony plant it was used to suck up particles to keep dust off of televisions while they were being built. Crazy I have this hood/fan in my basement but I am tired of the dust I'm going to clean up my shop arrange everything and dust off a few kits and get back to building.

Thanks so much for the feedback Micro Mark is not like amazon where there are a lot of reviews and you know its a big purchase.

Hope to see some paint on your ship soon you definitely need the big booth looks great!

Angrytrooper

Last edited:
I also have the larger one and it works great. I use that Press and Seal plastic wrap on the walls so they won't get paint all over. That way you can just pull it off and put more on to keep it clean. Those look like they jacked the price way up compared to when I got mine though!

I ended up finding this one on Amazon and ordered - it also was a prime item, made in USA and had overall good reviews. It is the larger booth.

Autograph 1530
https://www.amazon.com/Artograph-Ho...rd_wg=I2UUC&psc=1&refRID=M3V0FE238HDS0EHB50G9

After shipping the smaller one 15" by 20" from Micro Mark would be close to $400.00

I'm pretty excited was a little hesitant to hit the place order button but glad I did..
Again
Thanks Guys..

Last edited:
I put this together for less than $30 including the turntable, and light...

V3rsTyA.jpg

It doesn't look like much, but she's got it where it counts...

KeArn,

That booth looks great! I have made two out of wood but the white board you used looks as if it brightens things up a bit from what I was using. However painting in my home with enamels makes my house smell like a auto body shop. I get complaints from my wife and son so that is why I bought the spray booth that is to filter out the paint odor.

Thanks for the post..

Hello Angrytrooper;
congratulations on your new toy. The Artograph and the Micro-Mark spray booths are made by the same manufacturer, with each company putting their own name on it. It will serve you well. I will leave you with one more tip- if you ever need to shoot a large project, you can extend the sides and top of the spray booth with sheets of cardboad. On several occasions I have extended the size of my spray booth opening to 60” with it working very efficiently.
use it in good health. Regards;
SCUDMAN

I put this together for less than $30 including the turntable, and light...

http://i.imgur.com/V3rsTyA.jpg

It doesn't look like much, but she's got it where it counts...

But that doesn't solve paint particles that's been spreading around and the paint odor. If you going to continue using your setup, I suggest you look after your health also.

Please use one of this...

https://youtu.be/i05jc2feSAo

This is a good solution. Provided, there are no other person or animal around you when you are painting.

But that doesn't solve paint particles that's been spreading around and the paint odor. If you going to continue using your setup, I suggest you look after your health also.

Please use one of this...

https://youtu.be/i05jc2feSAo

This is a good solution. Provided, there are no other person or animal around you when you are painting.

I've been painting/airbrushing with acrylics for about 30 years, and have never had a problem with either fumes or smell.
Thanks for your concern though.
If I need to use a rattle can, or something like that, I use my garage.

I ended up finding this one on Amazon and ordered - it also was a prime item, made in USA and had overall good reviews. It is the larger booth.

Autograph 1530
https://www.amazon.com/Artograph-Ho...rd_wg=I2UUC&psc=1&refRID=M3V0FE238HDS0EHB50G9

After shipping the smaller one 15" by 20" from Micro Mark would be close to $400.00

I'm pretty excited was a little hesitant to hit the place order button but glad I did..
Again
Thanks Guys..
You made a great choice. That paint booth has been around for years. That size will give you plenty of room for painting. I’ve been wanting to get one for a long time. I just didnt want to pay the money for it. You’ve convinced me to get one soon. Enjoy!

I will leave you with one more tip- if you ever need to shoot a large project, you can extend the sides and top of the spray booth with sheets of cardboad. On several occasions I have extended the size of my spray booth opening to 60” with it working very efficiently.

Thanks SCUDMAN!

You made a great choice. That paint booth has been around for years. That size will give you plenty of room for painting. I’ve been wanting to get one for a long time. I just didnt want to pay the money for it. You’ve convinced me to get one soon. Enjoy!

Nice, I hope you get it soon. Mine is still in the box I have been cleaning out my shop area I bought a mat for the floor and have been doing a lot of cleaning up.. I want to start over have a clean shop be more organized and I hope by next Weekend to start working at some of the kits that are stacking up.

Good luck with your booth and your projects.

angrytrooper

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back