1st step in new Bad Mother ******* Project (Update post 33)

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Printed out the first prototype to manually check the 3d model against my original stunt saber.

Print looks great. Now I just need to wait to get it in my eager hands to do the comparison
mace proto.jpgimg_20181013_161428938.jpgimg_20181013_161507096.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1st step in new Bad Mother F&*%ing Project

I’m 100% on board! Glad bless Anakin starkiller!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said in the other thread, I'll take any prequel hilts you make!

Any word on if this will be a metal or resin? Or a better question, what was the original prop made out of? I don't know much about this saber, but I assume it was the same model between II and III?

This is the one saber, I feel, got away from me.
If you do a run, I'm totally IN!!! :thumbsup

As I said in the other thread, I'll take any prequel hilts you make!

Any word on if this will be a metal or resin? Or a better question, what was the original prop made out of? I don't know much about this saber, but I assume it was the same model between II and III?

It will be aluminum and brass. The rubber grips and skins will be cast from original production made components that I have in my personal collection.

Last edited:

This is the only PT saber worth a damn in my opinion. I know you'll kill it.

... also with your user pic it;s funny how much Mace's saber looks like a sonic screwdriver... or how much Matt Smith's sonic looked like a lightsaber..

Any chance MBF be an option on the button?

You mean BMF? :lol

Yep. I'm thinking we'll do a two button option and you can swap out an engraved button for a non engraved button at your leisure, probably held in place by a rare earth magnet.

Dude this is a dream come true!!

I'm aiming for total accuracy on this one, with a no compromises approach. Due to the complexity of the design and the various components needed to build it, this will be more expensive then my usual offerings, but I really don't think there's much that can be done about that. I'm hoping that I can keep it hollow to allow for electronics, if people are into that. I've come up with, what I think is, a fairly clever way to allow for a blade and still keep the static hilt 100% accurate.

Seriously can not wait for this! Been wanting this for years!

Obviously no interest thread yet, but I’m in. I once said to myself a couple years ago nobody’s going to do a BMF Mace hilt.
Dreams are coming true.

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I get a Christmas bonus, then I'll be one of the first few to say, "sign me up for 1"!

cool, looking forward to see what you do with this :thumbsup

Obviously no interest thread yet, but I’m in. I once said to myself a couple years ago nobody’s going to do a BMF Mace hilt.
Dreams are coming true.

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well until Sam recently showed off his BMF saber on instagram, we only had word of mount that somewhere it was written on a prop. But, now we have a picture, we can determine placement, and even font. So, why not have the option ;)

And I think I know the answer, but unevenly spaces buttons? :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back