1st step in new Bad Mother ******* Project (Update post 33)

Re: 1st step in new Bad Mother F&*%ing Project

Awesome! I’ve been wanting one like my old bootleg BR one, but ever single metal one made after that had nicely spaced innaccurate buttons, including my MR. Drives me crazy!

Great project!

Can we get some pics of the actual prop in this thread guys? I don’t have them anymore and I can’t remember if I’ve actually seen the picture of the words on the saber... or if I just remember remembering it? LOL.

5f6b488c9ab9f6a08389d1b85031668b--samuel-jackson-vaping-mods.jpg
But how do we know it's authentic???..... :lol;)

Thank god jackson posted this, it ends the debate once and for all lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is that a set screw facing the camera? I figured this would have been threaded together or something, and not had so many structural pieces

Ok, So, here's an update on where I'm at.

First off, a big thanks to Mike Slosar who I'm working with on this and who gave me his 3d model to start working from. I finally got the 3d model printed, so that I could put it side by side with my stunt saber and see how things match up. What I came across was pretty interesting. First off, Mike did an amazing job designing it. It's such a complicated saber and if he was working off of screen shots and publicly available material, then bravo because you got really close.

Now, the big thing I've noticed is that the saber that Mike modeled your 3d design, the aluminum and brass prop shown in pictures like these
macewindu_masterreplica.jpg
mace-windus-lightsaber_96a893e2.jpeg
mace_saber2_bg.jpg
Let's call it the episode 2 prop

was not the same prop used as the base for these resin epsiode 3 sabers
ep3mace.jpg
17565433_5.jpg
17565433_1.jpg

Let's call this casting master the episode 3 prop.

The reason I can tell is because the position of the gold rectangular buttons don't match.
The production made prop I have is the episode 3 type (except it has protruding grips, not recessed as on the dueling stunts)

Nevertheless, both props show some similar design elements that are easy to miss and have been missed on other replicas.

I think that before we move forward we should decide which version of the saber to replicate.

I'm torn. On one hand, I think maybe we should do the episode 3 design, since I own an original casting and can get very precise details right from it. As in I can measure parts with digital calipers and work from there.

On the other hand, the episode 3 version is the original version that I remember from AOTC and it's this design (although I think a Chromed Resin Sabers) that Sam Jackson actually owns and which has the BMF on it.
7C88D4B1-6336-408B-909D-C1F64B109BC8.png

What do you guys think?

Which version should we focus on?

macewindu_masterreplica.jpg

mace-windus-lightsaber_96a893e2.jpeg

mace_saber2_bg.jpg

ep3mace.jpg

17565433_5.jpg

17565433_1.jpg

7C88D4B1-6336-408B-909D-C1F64B109BC8.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in if you decide to do a run. Always wanted a windu.

personally I would be more interested in the episode 3. More accurate and it's the saber that was used to fight sidious. Props to that version although I'm down for either one.

If your casting is an Ep. 3 version, then I prefer that one. & I wouldn't be surprised is "BMF" was on that one too, on the real prop.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back