R J MacReady - The Thing - Help with Snow/Frozen effect???

Fuzzual

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Happy Sunday RPFer's. My wife reached a whole new level of awesome when she told me she wanted to go as R J MacReady for Halloween this year. I have most of the costume and props under control, but what I need is help with the Frozen/Snow effect on the clothes and beard.

Do any of you know what to use that will wash off of the clothes without staining, or even what to use for this? I have never done a snow or freezing effect for a costume, especially with the added challenge of being able to clean it later?

Any help would be great, even if it can't be cleaned off the clothes later I would love to know what you all used.

Thank you all!

For reference this is what I am going for:

e6c562372fda4acdab162e3f9fe09797.jpg

DO A TEST FIRST. but for the jacket i would try to use flour, wear the jacket and have someone toss it up in the air and rotate your body. for the goggles try that fake snow in a can stuff? in your beard, i have no idea... maybe back to the flour.. :confused

Yup, I would use flour for goggles and clothes too, and for the beard I would try ‚clear ultra ice‘... I don’t know how it works/looks exactly, but you find very good looking pictures of the results when youre googling for it !

DO A TEST FIRST. but for the jacket i would try to use flour, wear the jacket and have someone toss it up in the air and rotate your body. for the goggles try that fake snow in a can stuff? in your beard, i have no idea... maybe back to the flour.. :confused

Yup, I would use flour for goggles and clothes too, and for the beard I would try ‚clear ultra ice‘... I don’t know how it works/looks exactly, but you find very good looking pictures of the results when youre googling for it !

You guys are awesome. I would never have thought of the flour trick! Thank you very much!!!!

Baking Soda, spirit gum on face and any skin, maybe white glue on the jacket but its gonna be hell to remove all of it later and probably ruin the jacket.

Thanks man, I did go with the flour and it turned out good without damaging the jacket. I appreciate you responding!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back