EFX millennium falcon

I really like my Code 3 Falcon (and Slave 1, and Vader TIE fighter). Die cast metal, nice details and pain. Not studio scale, but still....

Some licensed collectors believe this will be as valuable as the MR in the long run LOL. Personally I think it is overpriced for what you get: a small non-studio scale pretty inaccurate model with quite bland paint job, this should have costed a max of $300-400. With the 3 signature and increased price to $3000 this becomes hilarious, compare it to the old Code 3 Falcon and then to the MR version, and see which this is closer to...

You can also get the 3 signatures from Official Pix for much less, and they are still licensed and genuine, and also you can get a much bigger, more accurate and better detailed and painted/finished Falcon elsewhere. We have to understand that licensed companies will continue to make various Falcons all the time, as they are iconic, so this $3000 tiny Falcon might not raise in time as much as some collector might believe. But EFX managed to get some $ in their empty pockets and still no sign of the other props, helmets or models they have shown for years. Bravo EFX...

I really like my Code 3 Falcon (and Slave 1, and Vader TIE fighter). Die cast metal, nice details and pain. Not studio scale, but still....

Me too. I preordered the Falcon and X-wing. They were $295 each and you got a free plexiglass cover for preordering. I later was able to jump on the Vader TIE when Amazon cleared them out at $99. Even though I now have eFx studio scale of X-Wing and TIE, those 3 pieces are still favored items in my collection. Wish Code 3 was still doing them.

Probably off topic; but I've never understood that mentality of props being a investment. Personally I just buy what I like.

Same here, and I rarely sold something from my collection. But some of the collectors are happy with their licensed stuff, with a nice edition plaque, shiny display case, and COAs. They don't really care about accuracy like us the "rivet counters", and they want to play safe, and to be sure what they own holds value for resale. They are not even slightly interested in the idea of researching for a more accurate prop, or how that screen used prop was made in the first place. Still if you want to invest your money there are way better options out there that these collectibles.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back