Studio Scale Slave I (first pics of body casting page 31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of us are trying to identify something from out of focus images that show the part at an obscure angle.

Uh... Yeah. That's what the studio scale hobby is all about. And, what majority are you referring to? Would that be the ones that only pipe up when I wave cash at them?

Hmm.

Thanks for the offer, Jamie!

Last edited:
Or the ones that will only part with info for free kits Allan, theres a few of those pirates around here for sure, or maybe the ones that think there owed free stuff just for being onboard....?
Rick, you need to read up a bit more mate, read the thread and dont interrupt...why not get back to the X wings...you seem pretty good at that!

lee

Bunch of Muppets the lot of you.

What are you proud of? This group clearly had no intention of revealing anything. It was only the fact that REL let slip by posting an image and then was obviously asked to remove it that the group said "oh ****it" after Darkside72 indentified the part.

And saying that the group asked for help identifying this part months ago is bollocks. The majority of us are trying to identify something from out of focus images that show the part at an obscure angle. When all this time the group has had access to hi-res images with a clear full frontal shot of the part in question.

You are all your own worst enemies guys!

No one asked me to take anything down, I just took it down because Allan paid for that matte print and shared it with the group and I didn't want to post it without his permission. I re posted it after he said he didn't mind. And we didn't get that pic until recently, and by then we already discovered that no one was going to help us anyway. I think I've shared quite a bit in this hobby, from techniques to where to get a panavise, so you have a lot of nerve accusing me of hoarding info.

Last edited:
Nah, I don't mind the give and take so much, Lee. Frustrating? Sure. But, let us Muppets do our dance. His "majority" will never have anything to build, otherwise.

Oh, and gee, now I'm supposed to post my ESB AT-ST armature drawings. TBH, RKW, I don't know what you've done. Maybe you're mr. macho studio scale scratch-builder. Show us what you've done sir! But, start a new thead, as REL's is running aground, here. LOL

I think that this needs to go back to what this thread is about, building the slave 1, not dissing people...you are right the ss scratch building is an art and finding all these parts takes along time to do. so lets go back to rels thread.

thanks again guys for sharing this art :thumbsup...I love It

Have fun fellas. I guess we'll see you the next time you find something and you feel like coming here to tell us that you found something, only you can't tell us what you found. That's so awesome.

Or maybe we'll see you when you've hit another wall and need some more help from us "cooperative type" chumps. Don't forget we're the same saps who might actually be interested in buying one or more of your kits.

Back to the basement and my X-Wing... :)

Well id say nobody here ID'd the part, id say more like the info was in hand by another party....maybe some folk who are so green and greedy, just wanted to spoil the party.
So RKW, take a seat, calm down, and stop crying...here have a bowl of Honey Flavored breakfast cereal...youll feel much better!
lee

I did my own footwork with what I found today. I just saw the pic posted of what was needed and pulled the kit out. Actually I pulled the incorrect airfix kit out first... :lolTook awhile to scan with my scanner settings messed up. When I got round to posting said part there were 10 or so posts already in place.

I don't sell kits, Beaz. So, you need to be very clear about who you're addressing. Your problem is with me. Parts-id is not Richard's gig, he's only tried to be helpful, here. Don't smear his name to make your ego feel better. I'm your target. And, for someone who has been around the block as many times as you have, you sure post like you just got here.

Someone asked for an update. Someone posted one.

Curious how you focus on this one S1 part, when there are literally dozens of others I haven't shared here. Except for the one I did offer that you ignored.

Oh... And the next time you feel left out at not getting invited to a "secret board" (that isn't), don't let someone else to ask on your behalf. It makes your previous post look like a lie.

- - - - - -

Jamie, no worries. Things got needlessly toasty here because of my post. You're an Olympian at IDing parts. And, if you can't turn anything up from what I sent ya, we'll hammer through it all, eventually. Thanks for looking!

Just a comment from an admiring onlooker.

I think this find...

panel1.jpg

side.jpg

source1.jpg

... is quite remarkable.

It may be standard procedure for you guys, but speaking as a relative neophyte in SS modeling, I'm impressed that your approach to identifying greeblies has you looking not only at kit parts, but also at the sprue and other bits ordinarily discarded. I'd say you're thinking like the people who created the shooting models in the first place. :thumbsup

Brilliant find, imaginager! :love

I was gonna comment on the sprue part as well but felt out of place since I am barely preparing to dive into the SS pool. This is simply amazing! What were the ILM guys on! What were you on to find it! ;) I've struggled to find cool greeblies from actual parts and those dude were using sprue scraps! Wow!

And if I may comment about all the secrecy clubs. Guys, I've been building models since I was a kid but you guys are the rock stars of this hobby! I and many others look up to you guys and are truly inspired by your work. ##ck all the negative stuff and popularity contests...just press on, bros! Don't become what you accuse others of doing. This hobby is better than that. As adults, we experience crap like this in our normal lives. Why should we do the same in our fun hobby? Keep doing the great work you do! Share parts or keep them under wraps, who cares...I myself like to know what the actual filmmakers were thinking when picking parts from trees and you guys make that happen through your progress and advice. But even if you kept it secret, oh well, you are doing all the hard work...we should be grateful kits are even being made! I'm just saying. :)

Oh, and the Slave I is looking friggin awesome!

Last edited:
Hey RKW,

Muppets ? Controlled by ? :lol

Stop crying about the "out of focus" pics. THOSE pics were probably never seen by most of the guys here while the "hi-res frontal view" is available for all on the WEB. I found it on a site which was selling pics of matte-paintings and Allan bought it. But yeah as he said that's a matte-painting, and you know how innacurate they could be (take a look at the Falcon mattes).

Anyway that's weird because when I'm asking for help (for a personnal project) with high res pic of the part I'm looking for, most of the time I have no reply. So what's the reason ? I even get wrong kits infos (intentionally) from "famous" guys here.

Now I'm playing the same game the guys "who spent too many $$$ in kits to give infos" play.

I'm the first to want the free sharing for the ref, parts ID etc. But it does work only if all people play the game. Unfortunatly some of them is trying to get more than they share. And most of those guys are the guys "who spent too many $$$ in kits".

Bunch of Muppets the lot of you.

What are you proud of? This group clearly had no intention of revealing anything. It was only the fact that REL let slip by posting an image and then was obviously asked to remove it that the group said "oh ****it" after Darkside72 indentified the part.

And saying that the group asked for help identifying this part months ago is bollocks. The majority of us are trying to identify something from out of focus images that show the part at an obscure angle. When all this time the group has had access to hi-res images with a clear full frontal shot of the part in question.

You are all your own worst enemies guys!

Last edited:
Oh... And the next time you feel left out at not getting invited to a "secret board" (that isn't), don't let someone else to ask on your behalf. It makes your previous post look like a lie.

I'm sorry, but beyond what reads to me like condescension and disdain for the community of builders here, and maybe a bit of paranoia, I don't know you from Adam, and I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. If anyone has said anything on my behalf at the hideout, they've done so without my knowledge.

I've already said too much, and I have no interest in derailing this thread.

Last edited:
While in general I dislike the secrecy of hording info on parts that made x, y, or Z - I do understand it. Some of this info was come about through a lot of pain and often money... I get it. I respect the effort, perseverance and just plain stubborness that it takes. However after they've scored that rare kit into their collection (and possibly their friends have as well)- I personally would like to see it shared.

By and large I think this project has been an awesome example of a few very knowledgable and talented people sharing info and creating an incredible result... The few hiccups aside... Kudos to all invovled.

Jedi Dade

I was gonna comment on the sprue part as well but felt out of place since I am barely preparing to dive into the SS pool. This is simply amazing! What were the ILM guys on! What were you on to find it! ;) I've struggled to find cool greeblies from actual parts and those dude were using sprue scraps! Wow!

Oh, and the Slave I is looking friggin awesome!

Thanks. That part blew me away too when Allan discovered it. That's definitely outside the box thinking. I had to sand the "A" off the part before gluing it down otherwise it would be raised up too high, so that means they had to do the same thing on the original.

This stuff is just too cool sometimes.

s1sb.jpg

Ha, yes i recall that find Rich, it was a bit of a stellar one too, Allan was truly on form that day...as he is every other day TBH lol.

LEE

HOLY SMOKES GUYS!!!

This is a FANTASTIC project! And so are all the efforts from those who have made it happen! (y)love:thumbsup

Everyone knows that I am guilty of not reading everything stated on all pages, so I won't pretend to know exactly what is going on in the discussions. ;)

However.. something that always applies (in my humble opinion) ;)

I know we will all not always agree, but when all is said and done within our fun... imagine if we all pooled our efforts and knowledge to create everything we could possibly want?! ;) :D

It is just not necessary, to hide reference or bash each other any longer. We are all in a single, awesome hobby that can be well better when we work together. :)

I know my opinion isn't solicited regarding things happening, but I (and everyone within the hobby) will always be part of what happens. I can only hope the greatness of each one of us will find the greatness in each other . ;) We are strong apart,.. but together we are invincible! :D

Great job on this SLAVE!!! (y)cool:thumbsup

s1sb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back