M2019 Saber: a lightsaber inspired by an iconic gun

Jevaho

Hello BR and SW-fans!

Today, I completed a build I've been working on over the past half year. That's why I'm so proud of this little special project.
2 of my favourite sci-fi movies combined: Star Wars and Blade Runner.
I present to you: the M2019 Saber

Specs:
- Completely custom machined aluminium main body
- Custom made and blued steel sleeve
- Resin cast amber grip sculpted by me and cast by Soulinertia
- Metal 3D printed lever and switch box, powdercoated
- Plecter Labs Crystal Chard 4.0
- 9W RGB main LED
- Saber essentials 24mm bass speaker
- 3.7v li-ion battery in hilt rechargable with 2.1mm charge port

Comments? Shoot!

I received a lot of back lash regarding the amber grip on social media, but to me, it wouldn't be a Blade Runner saber without it. It's not the most comfy grip out there for a saber, but that was never the intention. I wanted to build a hommage to the gun, not make a fierce and handy duelling saber. This is an artistic experiment, more than it is a functional cosplay item.

IMG_6539.jpg IMG_6546.jpg IMG_6543.jpg IMG_6551.jpg

IMG_6555.jpg IMG_6557.jpg IMG_6562.jpg

More iages can be found here:
https://sunsword.jevaho-creations.com/#share?id=5beb16b1-3c40-48f6-b228-df976234ee22

Attachments

• IMG_6552.jpg
    IMG_6552.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_6550.jpg
    IMG_6550.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_6547.jpg
    IMG_6547.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 306
  • IMG_6541.jpg
    IMG_6541.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 273
Have to admit the look is not to my taste, but I cant fault the work and craftsmanship that has gone into this.
Great job!!

Very ingenious and really well-crafted. But who would be using this lightsaber?:
Darth Deckard?
Niander Vader?
Joi Skywalker?
Luke Batty?
Just kidding - nice work!

oh nice, you posted here too. nice work again. would you mind if I posted a photoshop test I did with one of your photos of what I see for the grips?
:thumbsup

I don't know why, but the handle reminds me of a gummy bear........but nevertheless it's cool concept, and the craftsmanship is outstanding.

I rally love the concept, and the craftsmanship looks exquisite. The rudeness I saw from a few folks on social media was completely unwarranted. It’s an awesome, and wonderfully well executed build even if it’s not to some people’s individual tastes.

Personally, I think I’d prefer to see an amber grip that is a bit less literal. Done right, i think it would still immediately look “blade runner”, but wouldn’t look quite as transplanted. It almost looks like your grip is removable? Might be cool to have two interchangeable versions of the grip.

Just my own thought, and I still love your build :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now I feel a bit stupid, your prop is super cool and I just wanted to help with a different vision of the handle, but here we go:

View attachment 848555

I dig it. Maybe for a bit more BR influence on that grip, instead of a full wrap o the checkering, have two “pill” shaped checkered sections on the left/right, stylistically analogous to the left and right grip panels and smooth frontstrap/backstrap of the pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, the craftsmanship is top notch. Much better than anything I've done with sabers.

I'm not a fan of pistol grip lightsaber, they don't look right to me. Though I do like the photoshopped version eethan posted. Still captures the BR vibe, without being a direct transplant onto a Saber.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Regarding the grip: yes it is removable, so an alternate interchangable grip is an option. Something to think about.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back