Black Panther Killerbody Helmet Mod

Tyranus 99

Got my hands on a KillerBody helmet for my Civil War cosplay. I liked that it had a lot of details, but I didn't like its toyish look. In progress of making changes to it to give it a more realistic look.

The first thing I did involved removing the eyes, and sanding the surface of the helmet to remove the bad paint. While doing this, I spent a good amount of time working on the seams of the mask, most noticeable above the eyes and on the very top.
Sanding Face.jpgSanding Rear.jpg

Getting the helmet to "lock" into place was tough, especially if you were wearing it. That was due to the clips on the backplate. I filed off these clip, and will add magnets to this backplate to make it easier to get on my head. I used my dremel to file these off, and the engraving attachment to gradually dig a hole for some neodymium magnets that I'm going to use.

Removed Clips2.jpgMagnet Holes.jpg

Attachments

• Magnet Holes.jpg
    Magnet Holes.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 382
I can't stand the air holes in the front of the mask, so I'm filling them to create a solid nose like the film. I used a wood and plastic filler to seal up the front, and will then sand it down to the contour I'm looking for.
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 12.47.43 PM.png

I still need to be able to breathe while wearing it, so I'm going to cut out the details to the left and right (circled) of the nose section. It's low enough that it'll blend into the shadows of the helmet once it's repainted.

Face Filling.jpg

I finished sanding the filled in mouth of the helmet and gave it some time to sit before I putting any moisture onto it. Once done, the first layer of matte black went on. I made sure to space out the coats, and gave it time to dry. I didn't want to have any paint problems (time consuming), so I made sure to give it several days before I did any other work to it.

After several hours of fine line tape, frog tape, and an exacto knife, it's ready for the gloss black layer.
20181013_212555.jpg

Final result!!

20181027_120004.jpg
The picture doesn't do it justice. The two different shade of black and the chrome really pop in the light. To get the mirror eyes look, I bought a pair of mirror swim goggles and cut the lenses to fit inside the helmet. Def excited with the outcome, and it complimented the costume.

Here are a few pictures of the magnet placements. I used 5LB rated magnets that are VERY small, so it didn't take much time to create a recess in the helmet material with my dremel. I used JB Weld original formula to hold it in place.
*The JB Weld original has metal in the compound, so the magnet will attract it when you get it close. My advice would be to place a VERY small amount into the hole, then the magnet, followed by more compound. Once it dries you'll be able to use a razor blade to carefully remove the excess for the magnet's strength.

20181110_164001.jpg
20181110_163928.jpg
20181110_164015.jpg

From what I know and have seen from the setpics the holes where also on the screenused mask for Civil War.I think they removed them digital for the movie.

Thats the suit from CW:

34596059bj.jpg

34596060wf.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back