Research: Has anyone seen an Ironman done with a non-standard Red?

efarley

I'm currently building my Ironman suit (progress thread here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=295020) and I am planning to use House of Kolor - Kandy Apple Red for the color as in my mind I've always seen Tony using a red paint that would be found on classic million dollar hot rods in his showroom. However I've never seen photos of anyone else doing this color or anything similar, it always seems to be just a flat bright red color, which admittedly is what they use in the MCU. I suspect they used the color they did in the MCU to make it easy to film and CGI since Candy wouldn't show well on film and would be a nightmare for the CGI team to color match.

Also is there ever any reference in the comics to what color red he uses, or where he found the inspiration for the suit colors? I'd love to see other examples of suits done in non-standard reds or any info from the comics or movies in regard to Tony or the MCU prop departments choice of color.

I'll be remaking this helmet since I'm not happy with it and completely changing the gold color but here's a little taste of the Kandy Apple Red if you haven't seen it. It's even better looking in person.

IMG_20180916_135631.jpg

IMG_20180917_210628.jpg

IMG_20180916_135601.jpg

Last edited:
I can't speak to the candy apple red, but I used the house of kolor Oriental blue on my R2-D2 and LOVE IT

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I actually do see metal flake. Not a fan as I am reminded of 70's Cali Hotrods.
I am a fan of House of Kolor & Kandi coatings. I would shop around at different Kandi's...

The red you use on your suit should be the one that appeals to you. I consider the choice kind of a "right of passage".

Personally I use Chrysler PRP Deep Cherry Red Crystal.

It’s your suit paint it whatever color you like. Most people won’t notice the color difference anyway. HoK paints are top quality, should look amazing when you’re done.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back