My Alien Nostromo Rexim "scratch" build

zerodrum

Single point

25mm conduit approx £2 for 3 metres
32mm solvent weld waste pipe about £3 for two metres (36mm outside diameter)
Plastic lotion bottle from ebay £2 for 10
Screw cap covers for the sighting dials
I 3d printed the conical bits
Glued together with two part epoxy and spray painted

ASR Sight
eBay £20.. the most expensive part of the build (except for the 3D printer)

Main Rexim body and grips.

Modified and combined parts from two different SE14R models on Thingiverse
3D printed. About £5 of filament

Stopped for two weeks while deciding whether to redesign the whole thing from scratch to make more accurate, before deciding its cosplay, not display
Assembled and painted.

"Fun" fact the child sized sidearm props for the derelict ship scenes were probably made before the full sized ones were completed. One of the props has different text on the barrel, and the sights are reverse mounted a la the Star Wars SE14R. Further evidence that these were the donor items for the full size Nostromo sidearms.
Alien_22.jpg

Having decided that this was going to be a "good enough" project, I decided to reference one of the mini size props where the usual "LIGHT SYNC. DIAL" is replaced with "laser sight dial".
WIN_20181010_09_47_15_Pro.jpgWIN_20181010_09_49_19_Pro.jpg
WIN_20181010_09_47_31_Pro.jpgWIN_20181010_09_48_04_Pro.jpg
WIN_20181010_10_30_21_Pro.jpgWIN_20181010_10_31_52_Pro.jpg

I know all the faults with the item, both in accuracy and finish, but I am happy enough with it to share here.

Attachments

• WIN_20181010_09_48_50_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181010_09_48_50_Pro.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
You know, if you want better pics of the child's pistol, contact stephen210, he owns one of the two made.

Thanks for your kind comments.

I designed a holster which with the addition of webbing and a snap fastener (or dome and velcro - which is probably what I will use) will look similar and provide a sturdy cradle. It's a sturdy 3mm thickness printed in PLA with the bottom support bracket increasing to 5mm. Dimensions are 180mm x 135mm. (The original holsters were made from a thick gauge wire).

I may modify and reprint so that belt loop extends into a support for the grip and no webbing is required to safely support the gun.

If anyone is interested I can upload the design to thingiverse.
WIN_20181012_14_35_36_Pro.jpgWIN_20181012_14_35_58_Pro.jpglhu9wocz3omz.png

Inspiring build and for "just a cosplay" piece it turned out still very beautifuly.

I'm going through the same routine for cosplay purposes using the SE14R 3D models, though to safe printer time using tubes for the barrel.

I definitly would be intersted in your model for the holster, since holding the gun during a con all the time is a bit annyoing and Kane seems to have worn a holster for it with his onboard uniform as well.

Yeah, in some of the promo stills, Kane's wearing a separate gun belt with the pistol. I don't have these in higher res, though:

Attachments

• HD2.jpg
    HD2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 345
  • HD3.jpg
    HD3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 327
Yeah, in some of the promo stills, Kane's wearing a separate gun belt with the pistol. I don't have these in higher res, though:

Yes, that's it. Thank you for the pictures.

However I believe, I would attach the holster directly to the standard belt of the trouser. The second belt (especially with the buckle worn on the side) looks somewhat silly...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back