• It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was disappointing.

• It was bad.

• Total voters
Re: Gareth Evans' Apostle

This looks all right. I can't make heads or tails of what it's going for but this has me interested. I won't go so far as saying The Raid movies are great (I thought Dredd took the premise and made it more convincing) but this looks like a step up for the director.

Horrible weather yesterday so I watched a quite "horrible" film. And I don't really mean that negatively.

This has some of the most terrible scenes I've ever watched on the small screen ever.

I've never been a huge fan of torture, gore and gruesome deaths but this has several moments in it when I seriously doubted I wanted to continue to watch it. Its that grim.

Back in the old days of video it was common to hear about titles that were banned for excessive nastiness. Unfortunately the sheer improvement in techniqual abilities means its becomingly increasingly difficult not to feel what you are watching is just a tad to close to reality, my reactions to parts of it were that visceral. No wonder mental health problems are becoming more common place, I wouldn't want kids or people of an easily disturbed nature watching this. If you like stuff like "Saw" and "Hostel" I imagine you'll enjoy it, if thats the word you can use for it.

Yes, its very well made and the standards of production and acting across the cast are excellent, but damn, its a downer.

I really did end up desperately wanting to see some of the antagonists get their comeupance and ,perhaps unfortunately, I did occasional laugh at it for its similarities to certain "Guardian of the Galaxy" character moments, but hell, on the whole I have to say I hated it.

Not because its a bad film, but because it left me feeling terribly bad about certain aspects of human behaviour. But I guess that was the point of it

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back