The Walking Dead Season 9

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It would be better if the writing was as good as the original seasons. For instance, going into a museum to get a plow, a wagon, and a canoe. I could probably find at least ten canoes or other boats just on my block. But no let's risk our lives to go retrieve an old Indian canoe... A 4 year old with a LEGO set could tell you how to make a wagon!

Does Negan live in the comics this long?
I can't see hanging Gregory, yet letting Negan live. Gregory tries to kill Maggie, yes, but Negan bashes in the heads of their friends, with glee, and gets to live.

Yea Rick seems to have really lost his edge. Daryll knows it. I guess they are trying to keep 4 communities above water now. That's not going to work out well.

That wagon thing has to have been one of the dumbest things I've seen on the show. Not only is it not that difficult to build a wagon, but the best way they could think off to get it out was across a glass floor? If nothing else take the damn thing apart and carry it out.

It would be better if the writing was as good as the original seasons. For instance, going into a museum to get a plow, a wagon, and a canoe. I could probably find at least ten canoes or other boats just on my block. But no let's risk our lives to go retrieve an old Indian canoe... A 4 year old with a LEGO set could tell you how to make a wagon!

Does Negan live in the comics this long?
I can't see hanging Gregory, yet letting Negan live. Gregory tries to kill Maggie, yes, but Negan bashes in the heads of their friends, with glee, and gets to live.

Negan living was Rick's call. Gregory was Maggie's call. She also wants Negan dead, so it's not like every character is just okay with him being alive.

So they lost the book that lady with the van traded for records ?

It had how to build all the stuff they got from the museum .
That was the whole point of the book .
And the canoe was just a hollowed out log pretty basic stuff .

And people need to leave the factory . I don't know how they think that will work they can not provide for themselves at that location .
It's only in the show to cause conflict .

Last edited:
I don't think they lost the book. It was shown in a preview of what is coming up this season, so I don't think it is gone.

While I enjoyed the episode, I agree with the comments. You should still be able to find canoes just about anywhere. And there are easier ways to make one than hollowing out a solid log. As far as the farming implements go, I would assume you could find most of that stuff on farms still. It's not like people would go out looting plows.

The thing that bothers me in ANY show, is when characters say solutions to problems out loud, then just forget about it.

Darryl says that nothing grows at Sanctuary. It's a factory.

Then why not move all manufacturing activities there? Move the blacksmithing from Hilltop & cultivate that land for more food. Build your wagons there, make your ammo there.

I'd feel that as a leader, he would be trying to make each community playing to their individual strengths, & in a low key way, make each community a bit more reliant on the others, to really foster a sense of needing what the others can provide.

Seems the only people who watched are posting in this thread, at least that’s what the ratings reflect....

This show won't last another season once Rick is killed off.

I suspect they might figure out some way to merge Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead into one show to milk it longer.

The floor is lava. That's what the glass floor scene felt like to me, and they walked right through the freaking lava. Despite there being clear and obvious places to put your feet, Ezekiel fell through the glass. It was painfully cringe worthy.

They continue to be the most inept characters on television. There were what, 4 or 5 seasoned zombie slayers standing less than 10 feet away from Ken, in broad daylight, over open ground, armed with projectile weapons, and zombies still overtook Ken. WHAT?? Did they just stand and watch it happen??

They can't even keep the plow on the wagon when they have rope, and there was banners around that would work great for tying stuff down. Nope, lets just toss it in there and go home. What does it matter if every farm in the area would have a plow, and an easier one to use at that. Lets take the old one from the museum.

And the horses can't pull the wagon out of the mud, so lets use PEOPLE, which is so much better for pulling a wagon! We call it horsepower for a reason.

And again, kayaks and canoes would be everywhere. Every 3rd garage would have them. Every walmart.

I mean . . . do the writers go outside and interact with objects in space????

The floor is lava. That's what the glass floor scene felt like to me, and they walked right through the freaking lava. Despite there being clear and obvious places to put your feet, Ezekiel fell through the glass. It was painfully cringe worthy.

They continue to be the most inept characters on television. There were what, 4 or 5 seasoned zombie slayers standing less than 10 feet away from Ken, in broad daylight, over open ground, armed with projectile weapons, and zombies still overtook Ken. WHAT?? Did they just stand and watch it happen??

They can't even keep the plow on the wagon when they have rope, and there was banners around that would work great for tying stuff down. Nope, lets just toss it in there and go home. What does it matter if every farm in the area would have a plow, and an easier one to use at that. Lets take the old one from the museum.

And the horses can't pull the wagon out of the mud, so lets use PEOPLE, which is so much better for pulling a wagon! We call it horsepower for a reason.

And again, kayaks and canoes would be everywhere. Every 3rd garage would have them. Every walmart.

I mean . . . do the writers go outside and interact with objects in space????

Not to mention they had a Quad which would have worked really well for pulling the wagon out of the mud! The writing is just baffling!

Also, the group going to DC was stacked with badasses, most of them leaders in their own way. Losing that kid's life to like 15 walkers is just embarrassing. Kill the walkers, Rick, then worry about loading the cart.

I would have thought that in and around DC there would be several bass pro stores with 100's of canoes/ boats for the taking.

My dad said that in addition USMC Quantico (he was stationed there at one point in the late 60s after Vietnam) is near there which should have all kinds of goodies.

I was sad also. Was hoping to see a come back this season. Seriously a wagon I think I could of made a better one from old car parts or old tractor parts ... seriously a preservation / museum quality one.

The comments on writing and such are all spot on. I hate to say I am only watching because I have watched every episode and hate feeling like a quitter :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back