Subscribe
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2018, 2:19 AM - Rocketeer rocketpack harness from South beach leather available again! #1

Fellow finheads rejoice! If you are assembling a Rocketeer costume you may be interested to know that South beach Leather has made their Rocketeer Rockpack leather harness available again! I was sweating how I would get this particular bit accomplished for my rocketpack. I don't have spectacular leather working skills, so this is a Godsend.

Here is the link: https://southbeachleather.com/billy-campbell-the-rocketeer-rocket-pack-leather-harness/

2. Member Since
    Apr 2005
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2018, 10:25 AM - Re: Rocketeer rocketpack harness from South beach leather available again! #2

Ordered.

I made my own harness for my rocketpack years ago, but I did it without any sort of leather stitching. Made the template in Adobe Illustrator and cut the shapes out and used belt blanks held on with Chicago screws!

Here are some pics:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsiZv5Por
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2018, 2:45 PM - Re: Rocketeer rocketpack harness from South beach leather available again! #3

OMG... NEED. Question on the harness, are the straps snapped on? I have screen accurate buckles I would want to swap for the plastic ones.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 9, 2018, 1:31 AM - Re: Rocketeer rocketpack harness from South beach leather available again! #4

whoever said: View Post
    OMG... NEED. Question on the harness, are the straps snapped on? I have screen accurate buckles I would want to swap for the plastic ones.
    I don't have mine yet so I cannot say for sure, but the pictures do appear to show snaps are used to secure the straps. I hope so too because I have some buckles that I hope to replace the plastic ones with. They aren't screen accurate, although if I could find some I would totaly use them! They are tough to find.

- - - Updated - - -

Veedox said: View Post
    Ordered.

I made my own harness for my rocketpack years ago, but I did it without any sort of leather stitching. Made the template in Adobe Illustrator and cut the shapes out and used belt blanks held on with Chicago screws!

Here are some pics:

Nice!!! I hope mine looks half as good as that when I'm done!!
  5. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Stuart, FL
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2018, 12:46 PM - Re: Rocketeer rocketpack harness from South beach leather available again! #5

Veedox said: View Post
    Ordered.

Here are some pics:

You look INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator
  6. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    6 Days Ago  Oct 13, 2018, 11:08 PM - Re: Rocketeer rocketpack harness from South beach leather available again! #6

Last month when I saw that South Beach Leather was making the Rocketeer jacket again, I ordered one. I was also happy to see that they offered the harness as an add on. At the time, they didn’t have a separate listing for the harness. I ordered a medium jacket and the shipping was super quick.

to answer the question, yes - the front harness buckles are removable. You can see in the picture that there are snaps.

While it’s close, my harness has a couple of issues:

- it’s to big. Not sure what size it is. As a jacket addon, it didn’t have a size option. I had hoped it would be something compatible with the selected jacket size.
    - Out of the package, there are no adjustments for the harness.
    - the color is the same as the jacket. It should be darker, but I don’t see that as an option even if you purchase the harness separate.
    - the side straps are really wide. It’s very difficult to get between the bib buttons.

Just wanted to show everyone what it looks like. I’m probably going to try to use some leather dye to darken mine and cut down the straps in the front. I plan to always use the bib with mine so it will never be seen. As for the width of the side strap, I’m not sure. Maybe I can get it between the buttons.

Now to find some affordable boots and to make or buy some gloves!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1735FFA8-9AAA-4E44-8CAD-540343910E80.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	848685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B37A24BA-C3F5-48B8-A109-0FB2884B6929.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	848686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56742352-ABFA-4042-B9AA-70F0871DC3B6.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	848687  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98D586D2-FD29-4E40-A7A1-6A8DB0A385C4.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	848688  
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    2 Days Ago  Oct 18, 2018, 6:41 AM - Re: Rocketeer rocketpack harness from South beach leather available again! #7

Whenever someone gets their harness, I’d love to know about the fit and sizing of it.
    From
    Toronto
    4 Hours Ago  Oct 20, 2018, 10:07 AM - Re: Rocketeer rocketpack harness from South beach leather available again! #8

If you buy The Rocketeer Billy Campbell Leather Jacket from South Beach Leather you can add the harness for $100 instead of $180.