IG-88 Head. Opinions needed!

Unfated

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm in the middle of 3D printing a Derwent flame tube for an IG-88 head, but I am not sure what the greeblies are. Anyone identify the
greeblies for this head? I've tried google, parts of star wars, and a search here, but can't seem to locate the info. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Re: IG-88 Head greeblies???

Ok, I think I've finally found some of the greeblies. The six small greeblies across the bottom midsection are PL-259 UHF coax connectors with the collars removed.
And I think the the longish
cylindrical part coming from the one eye stalk is part of a 4x20 scope. That's all I can find so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: IG-88 Head greeblies???

Yes think your right about the scope sight part.
Would be interesting to see what you come up with for the eyes as I haven’t seen many clear pictures of them.

Re: IG-88 Head greeblies??? Opinions needed!

Ok, so I'm finished the printing, sanding, glueing, and assembly. All that is left is the
eye stalk thingy, aging/distressing, and the black wash. But I need input. I am very,
very new at 3D modeling and am not sure about the eye stalks I made and printed.
Does the size and shape look right to you guys? Before I attach it I want to
know what you think.

IMG_1595.jpegIMG_1593.jpeg

Love it! :love
Is your 4x20 scope part from a real scope! Or 3D printed? I'll have to hunt down some of those coaxial connectors.
If you do a run of the eyes, I'd love a set. I'd be happy to throw some money at ya, if you do.

I threw in a red lantern in my real burner can. But I'd love a set of greeblies.
20181013_213027.jpg

Pardon the mess. I've been busy "living" at work the last few weeks. Needing a day off - or more - to put crap away.

Love it! :love
Is your 4x20 scope part from a real scope! Or 3D printed? I'll have to hunt down some of those coaxial connectors.
If you do a run of the eyes, I'd love a set. I'd be happy to throw some money at ya, if you do.

I threw in a red lantern in my real burner can. But I'd love a set of greeblies.
View attachment 849375

Pardon the mess. I've been busy "living" at work the last few weeks. Needing a day off - or more - to put crap away.

The one part is from a cheap $10 4x20 scope.

This is the coax set i bought. It was perfect because their were exactly 6.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PL-259-P...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I could easily print you the eye stalk part, but one. I'm not sure how accurate it is, and two I modeled it to
fit the 3D printed Derwent flame tube I printed from thingiverse. So I'm not sure how well it will fit yours.

Is yours a real Derwent flame tube?

Freak’n love this! Wicked job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I can't believe how great this thing printed. I had to cut the files up some, but the the guy on thingieverse
that did these files did a great job. I just wish he would have modeled the greeblies too. I think it will look nice
when I blacken it up.

I'd be interested too in a set of the eyes for my Derwent tube should you make more? Curious to see how they fit the tube too.

I'd be interested too in a set of the eyes for my Derwent tube should you make more? Curious to see how they fit the tube too.

Like I said in the last post I'm not sure how accurate it is. The peg goes into the holes lining up around the center section and the flat post sits against the
side resting on the weld lip.I'm not sure how close the 3d printed flame time matches up to the real thing. I can share the files if someone wants to print their
own to see if it fits.

IMG_1597.jpg

The one part is from a cheap $10 4x20 scope.

This is the coax set i bought. It was perfect because their were exactly 6.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PL-259-P...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I could easily print you the eye stalk part, but one. I'm not sure how accurate it is, and two I modeled it to
fit the 3D printed Derwent flame tube I printed from thingiverse. So I'm not sure how well it will fit yours.

Is yours a real Derwent flame tube?

Yes, mine is a real flame tube.

After looking at the measurements and comparing them to the 3D printed flame tube I printed I don't think it will fit correctly.
Maybe I can make one and send it to someone to try it? If I had a real one I could tweak the part maybe, but I'm very new at 3D
modeling.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back