IG-88 Head. Opinions needed!

After looking at the measurements and comparing them to the 3D printed flame tube I printed I don't think it will fit correctly.
Maybe I can make one and send it to someone to try it? If I had a real one I could tweak the part maybe, but I'm very new at 3D
modeling.

I'll be your Guinea pig.
PM inbound :thumbsup

I went over it with some cheap silver mixed with grey acrylic paint to make it look more oxidized. It had the unintended
consequence of covering all the black wash I have previously done. So I think I'll give it a light clear coat and re-blacken it
some. Then I need to figure out the lights.

What would you guys use as a base for my IG-88 head lamp?

IMG_1608.jpg

These are awesome!!! The quality & sharpness of the print is incredible. & I love the color, even though I'll be painting them :p
20181028_192033.jpg 20181028_191956.jpg 20181028_192214.jpg

Some tweaking will be needed to get them to "look up". But, nothing I wasn't expecting being the guinea pig.
I want to thank Unfated for his incredible kindness. You ROCK!!!! (y)cheers(y)cheers

These are awesome!!! The quality & sharpness of the print is incredible. & I love the color, even though I'll be painting them :p
View attachment 851118 View attachment 851119 View attachment 851120

Some tweaking will be needed to get them to "look up". But, nothing I wasn't expecting being the guinea pig.
I want to thank Unfated for his incredible kindness. You ROCK!!!! (y)cheers(y)cheers

The back section of the post should sit against the lip above the holes. A couple drops of superglue
would hold it back and aim them higher. If you are worried about putting glue on the flame tube
it should sand right off if you change your mind. Is the rod on the bottom of the post too skinny?
It should fit fairly snuggly.

I'm trying to model this bloody thing as well, but it's confusing as hell when you compare the VD picture to other reference!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back