Hasbro Value cheap ugly Millenium Falcon toy Mod

Fabian 71

Hello guys I`m always astonished with avery model of de Biggest piece of junk in the galaxy but I dont`have the skills just start thinking in start one of those builds. let alone that here in Argentina prices are insane so...
9k=

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I know know this is a piece of trash, but is one that I can afford and is so inexpensive that I can use it to start to explore the waaaayy Outer rim of modeling.

Attachments

• hasbro value MF.jpg
    hasbro value MF.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 226
and after that... it was a cutter masssacre , I started to cut the sidewalls and inner studs. left some of them and cut em smaller to help keep things centered and provide support.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-05 at 12.35.17 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-10-05 at 12.35.25 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-10-04 at 10.10.43 PM(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-04 at 10.10.43 PM(1).jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
I tihnk I would make a new cockpit and cockpit tube since the size is off due to the former sidewalls height, and make new sidewalls with greebblies, I think this toy have some capabilities with a bit ( a lot) of careI can make this look way better than it look "out from the box"

I need some advice regarding the plastic, is way easy to cut but it can`t be filed or sanded with good results, and what kind of adhesive should I use? Thanks in advance.

Fabiàn.

Last edited:
I think the amount of work needed to make it decent would be too much. Have you checked Bandai offerings? Not the 1/72, the smaller one. It's easy to build no glue needed and you can practice your painting and weathering skills on it.

Hi Joe thats right, but I dont really mind accuracy or perfection, and find kind of fun in making things from scracht, Bandai`s offering are beyon amazing but are a bit costly , I just want to learn with it (and may be reach your same conclusion at the end :)

They are selling the Bandai !/144 here in Argentina at 250 U$A

Last edited:
Hi Joe thats right, but I dont really mind accuracy or perfection, and find kind of fun in making things from scracht, Bandai`s offering are beyon amazing but are a bit costly , I just want to learn with it (and may be reach your same conclusion at the end :)

They are selling the Bandai !/144 here in Argentina at 250 U$A

Order it from ebay directly from Japan. That's around $45.00 USA. Believe me is not worth it to try and modify that, IMO.

Sorry , to clarify, they sell it between 140 to 250 United States dollars . That's one minimun sallary here in Argentina, yes I could make an effort and afford it, but have other prioritys right know. May be in the future.

Hey! I admire your creativity, and drive!

I also have one of these as a side project I mess with every few weeks...

http://i.imgur.com/SvCmNwp.jpg

That`s great Kearn, That model reminds me the PC game Star Wars Alliance I think the name of the ship was the "Otana" Thanks for the encouragement !!! By the way I checked you previous work ...astonished!

- - - Updated - - -

I firmly believe the RPF community fully supports your efforts and is hoping to be helpful to you. There is shared joy in the success of such works, for it is art indeed!

Thanks rbeach84 !!! I dont doubt it !!! there are tons of knowledgment and prop/models making wisdom here ... and thanks for the cheers up!!

On the bright side, if you tackle this and make it look great, the skills you'll learn will make modding other kits a piece of cake! ;) Good luck and can't wait to see what you come up with!

I haven't seen this model or toy myself. But if it's made out of the normal slick plastic that toys are made out of. Like the big hasbro hero series one. There is not much that will stick to it straight out of the box.

But just like the big Hasbro toy you can use automotive adhesion promoter. They usually sell it here in the united states in automotive parts stores. It's made to let normal paint stick to plastic bumps.

I don't know if you have the same kind of set up in Argentina. But it is worth a shot.

Basically you spray it on the plastic in slow even coats. Then you should be able to glue parts to it with CA/superglue. Then primer and paint as normal.

*IF YOU HAVE TO MASK OFF AN AREA TO PAINT, USE A TAPE THAT HAS A VERY LOW TACKINESS TO IT!!! IF YOU DON'T IT CAN PULL OF THE AHIESION PREMOTOR, AND YOU WILL HAVE TO START OVER IN THAT AREA!!

Ask me how I know

If you're new to model building, what you're doing is a great way to get started. My advice would be to keep it simple with some light mods and a paint job and then when you're happy, move onto something more challenging. I purchased the big bad boy the Legacy Falcon and scratch built the cockpit at a matching scale, in the same buy I got 3 other falcons and while I intended to mod them all, I decided to make them into wall art.

That's the best part about this hobby, there are no rules......;)

Anyway, keep it simple and have fun....it doesn't matter if the model is not overly accurate, it's what you do with it that's the fun part. One thing I will say is that it's made from HDPE, a waxy food industry plastic, it's tricky to get paint to stick to it, but my Hasbro Hero X Wing conversion was made from the same plastic and I found the best plastic adhesion was wiping it in GP thinners from the auto parts store before painting it.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_4390.JPG
    IMG_4390.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_4389.JPG
    IMG_4389.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 211
If this is the inexpensive 'discount store' toy I've seen, I believe it is made of polystyrene, not polypropylene or polyethylene (EP) plastics.

If this is the inexpensive 'discount store' toy I've seen, I believe it is made of polystyrene, not polypropylene or polyethylene (EP) plastics.

HIPS is high impact styrene, but I don't think this little beast is styrene based...I had the same model and it's that waxy HDPE....Styrene (poly or other) don't have that waxy feel about them.

Thanks a lot guys for all the input!!!, that`s really apreciated, the question is, if I paint it first with plastic primer, bumper paint , could i glue it without issues? As I "investigated" I will test first in the interior of the toy and then will blast the exterior. Am I right?

I will use Styrene .5, 1mm that`s will be glued

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-07 at 12.17.29 PM.jpeg

sidewalls already cut , some cleaning to do ...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back