Hasbro Value cheap ugly Millenium Falcon toy Mod

rbeach84 said:
viewpost-right.png

If this is the inexpensive 'discount store' toy I've seen, I believe it is made of polystyrene, not polypropylene or polyethylene (EP) plastics.
HIPS is high impact styrene, but I don't think this little beast is styrene based...I had the same model and it's that waxy HDPE....Styrene (poly or other) don't have that waxy feel about them.

I think you are right, HDPE would be " High Density PolyEthylene" ?

HIPS is high impact styrene, but I don't think this little beast is styrene based...I had the same model and it's that waxy HDPE....Styrene (poly or other) don't have that waxy feel about them.

I think you are right, HDPE would be " High Density PolyEthylene" ?

(sorry for the double post I messed when I forgot how to "quote")

I came up with an idea on how to make new "sidewalls", I will cut a base form of the MF shape in Styrene at the correct Thickness I calculate betwenn 6 to 7 mm (I have to test first) then I'll make holes to place the inner studs trough the styrene form.Then I'll just glue de details of the side walls in the base form thickness.
To locate exactly the studs , I made a scanning of one of the falcon half and placed a circle at the correct size, Now I just have to make the Mandibles forms and take it to laser cut at a shop.

escaneo de mf.png

Last edited:
I`ve seen your work... is great! I have to ask if you have files of sidewalls designs that would be so much help I seem to find nothing worth a look. I don't go for full acuracy of course, and I mean just images like the one you posted in the Bwing thread.Thanks in advance!!

Now I`m thinking I could use the Bwing images to make my "greeblies" if you don`t mind...

e55882da-98de-47c6-932a-6efd792abc42

Not much of an update, I modified the Docking rings holes to install em since the modified height, I made a mess, for impatience, anyway I have to change the way are installed with styrene or acrilic. And played with an idea for a display stand reusing a PC monitor base.

e55882da-98de-47c6-932a-6efd792abc42
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-14 at 6.01.47 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-10-14 at 6.01.50 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-10-14 at 6.01.53 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back