Halliwax's weird V3 theory

It also looks like the stunt blades are all one physical dimension and not tapered like the ANH ESB blades? Anyone else see it?

And to me this v3 defiantly doesn’t have a nipple in this pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also looks like the stunt blades are all one physical dimension and not tapered like the ANH ESB blades? Anyone else see it?

I second that, fibreglass or carbon fibre rods covered in scotchlite. EDIT: after checking some BTS images it seems like they used at least one tapered blade on Lukes lightsaber during the final battle with Vader.

Could it be possible that the V2 emitter is an entire separate piece made on a lathe as opposed to the V3 emitter which is obviously part of the casting? I really wish I could have examined the V3 a bit more when I had the chance to hold it in my hands more than 20 years ago.

Last edited:
The one handled by Laela French in the Discoveries from Inside video is the one that Hamill handled in that one BTS rehearsal photo of Mark and Bob Anderson for the final duel (I'm pretty sure it is). In the video, that tapered sword plug slotted into it, so they probably used both for RotJ.

ROTJBTS2.jpgScreen Shot 2018-01-05 at 7.00.37 PM.png This stunt saber?

The one handled by Laela French in the Discoveries from Inside video is the one that Hamill handled in that one BTS rehearsal photo of Mark and Bob Anderson for the final duel (I'm pretty sure it is). In the video, that tapered sword plug slotted into it, so they probably used both for RotJ.

sorry my pictures were for this comment

I believe the V3 never had an emitter nipple.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181010/40b2510c0d0ceb3ae2db975875217f70.jpg

So you think this is just a pour spout made to look like a nipple?

Perhaps just some material that has been added to the master (the V3) temporarily before it was cast to better match the V2 „hero“ saber at this point? The metal castings that were produced from the mold during ANH had a flat emitter, same as the wooden master.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps they glued something on the end, so it would look like the V2 a bit more? Also notice they painted the upper part of the neck black. Almost like they were imitating the gaffers tape on the V2?

Good point here regarding the black upper part of the neck!

I do wonder.. (hear me out)

if the "Nipple" was actually designed for the blades and not for the emitter. They might have needed a longer anchor for the base of the blade, so they raised up the support by adding the nipple, lathing it to fit the hole in the emitter, and set screwing it in.

Was there a nipple on specifically the V2 in ANH? if we'er going with the "v2 was the one that worked" that would make sense it had the upgrade and the V3 didn't.

I do wonder.. (hear me out)

if the "Nipple" was actually designed for the blades and not for the emitter. They might have needed a longer anchor for the base of the blade, so they raised up the support by adding the nipple, lathing it to fit the hole in the emitter, and set screwing it in.

Was there a nipple on specifically the V2 in ANH? if we'er going with the "v2 was the one that worked" that would make sense it had the upgrade and the V3 didn't.

The „longer anchor“ makes sense to me. Here is my theory: The whole emitter on the V2 including the nipple or „longer anchor“ is a separate piece and has been produced on a lathe. In order to spin the entire emitter for the blade effect in ANH, the emitter had to be fixed on a metal rod which ran through the grenade section of the saber and was attached to the electric motor which was installed in the middle and booster section of the saber. The tapered (wooden) rods they used as blades for ANH must have had at least an inch or so as a base which went into the emitter OR there was a thin rod fixed in the emitter to where the blade was attached to (similar to the threaded rods that were used on the prequel stunt sabers).

I pesonally think the V3 does not have a spinning emitter, it‘s just one piece of metal except the pommel and the Graflex middle band. It‘s an „unfinished“ ANH stunt.

The „longer anchor“ makes sense to me. Here is my theory: The whole emitter on the V2 including the nipple or „longer anchor“ is a separate piece and has been produced on a lathe. In order to spin the entire emitter for the blade effect in ANH, the emitter had to be fixed on a metal rod which ran through the grenade section of the saber and was attached to the electric motor which was installed in the middle and booster section of the saber. The tapered (wooden) rods they used as blades for ANH must have had at least an inch or so as a base which went into the emitter OR there was a thin rod fixed in the emitter to where the blade was attached to (similar to the threaded rods that were used on the prequel stunt sabers).

I pesonally think the V3 does not have a spinning emitter, it‘s just one piece of metal except the pommel and the Graflex middle band. It‘s an „unfinished“ ANH stunt.

Only thing is we had a member here hold this on his hands and take it apart with Brandon and he can confirm the nipple does not come out of the emitter on the v2

As for the v3, I have no idea if the emitter spins. There is a 3mm screw in the windvane though so I figured that locked the rod from spinning the emitter

You can also see the inside here pretty good

3c626752fe158224ba77d4596d8ec0db.jpg

Only thing is we had a member here hold this on his hands and take it apart with Brandon and he can confirm the nipple does not come out of the emitter on the v2

As for the v3, I have no idea if the emitter spins. There is a 3mm screw in the windvane though so I figured that locked the rod from spinning the emitter

You can also see the inside here pretty good

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181010/3c626752fe158224ba77d4596d8ec0db.jpg

I’m pretty sure there wasn’t full disassembly during the meeting you are referencing. Just an impression that they moved together and were therefore one piece.

How’d they get the groove around the nipple if it wasn’t separate? Also, why would it be the only part of the emitter that wasn’t painted unless it was separate? Just things to consider!

:)

I’m pretty sure there wasn’t full disassembly during the meeting you are referencing. Just an impression that they moved together and were therefore one piece.

How’d they get the groove around the nipple if it wasn’t separate? Also, why would it be the only part of the emitter that wasn’t painted unless it was separate? Just things to consider!

:)

Don’t take this as me being a jerk, but they could have made the same groove just like dan has done on his FX V2? Unless I’m not understanding you correctly?

EDIT: totally understand what your saying now, thank you for explaining ;)

And as for the nipple not being painted, totally agree with ya

Last edited:
This pic was posted by Sym-Cha in another thread... Are the bases of the blades not the nipples and the longer rods the anchors that connected to the motors?

Schermafbeelding 2015-04-10 om 13.55.45_zpsp3bve9sf.png

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back